Offseason Targets

soxfan49

On 9/22/2020 at 10:14 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Would like the Sox to make a major play for Ethan Katz this offseason, especially if McCann isn’t returning. There are many pitchers who could benefit.

Sox made a major move I hoped they would this off-season, replacing Don Cooper with Ethan Katz. Would like to see the following to close out the team (Priority Order).

• Add a #3/#4 SP: Walker, Quintana, Odorizzi, Paxton (2 years / $10M year). Perhaps add a second flyer, Garrett Richards ($7M / 1 year + a team option).
  • Alex Colome (2 years @ $8M/year).
  • Sure, Springer would be great at a reasonable contract, but wouldn't mind Bradley Jr's defense and ability to sub Roberts for off days or an injury. Pederson is OK as a third option, but more of a platoon at this point, not sure if he's worth it. 

Wouldn't mind seeing a few RPs brought in for depth, nothing high profile is needed, reevaluate in July.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think they kind of gave this away with those Star Wars memes the other day. The hamburger account was liking them too, which is part of why I think they're all the same guy

Could be all three no doubt, but the Portillo’s account was tweeting stuff silently for months before anyone noticed.  Their first post is leaking the Bummer deal back in February, three months after the Not Steve Cishek account was created and when that account still had credibility.  It’s clear as day to me that Cheesy Beef account was created in some desperate attempt to validate the Not Steve Cishek account.  Those two are definitely one and the same.  I think the Portillo’s account is someone else, but likely someone in the same inner circle.  It’s very clear there is a small group of people who have access to some inside info, whether it‘s coming from a shared source or it’s being shared to them second hand from a more reliable insider like Y2Jimmy.  Most of the stuff Not Steve Cishek broke are things that James had at roughly the same time and his big trade deadline deal that was supposed to be happening with the Brewers seems to overlap with bad info that WSD also had.  

To me, these accounts all fall in one of three buckets:  1) They’re completely fake.  2) They’re legit insiders using burner accounts to avoid outing their sources.  3). They have access to inside info but it comes from a friend so they can’t leak it on their personal account.  IMO, Not Steve Cishek likely falls into bucket three as we have seen him get some things right.  Portillo’s is still up in the air, but I could see him being in that second bucket.  Again, just strange they posted for months and continued to do so without anyone noticing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Orlando said:

dude Cishek is definitely a poster here and possibly Al’s beef. Didn’t Adam Maloney say if he’s reading this to tweet something about cheese fries???

It appears that my post may have worked Lol. He’s definitely a member on here and I would say with a history of posting and reading comments on here consistently.

Edited by maloney.adam

9 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

Is it crazy that this makes me want to explore trading Vaughn ++ for a cost controlled starter and DH Eloy (w/ practice reps as future 1B)? 

I still want to give Eloy more time in the OF before I condemn him to DH, but I do think long-term if we sign Springer & Colas that will likely force him there once Abreu’s contract runs out.

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Could be all three no doubt, but the Portillo’s account was tweeting stuff silently for months before anyone noticed.  Their first post is leaking the Bummer deal back in February, three months after the Not Steve Cishek account was created and when that account still had credibility.  It’s clear as day to me that Cheesy Beef account was created in some desperate attempt to validate the Not Steve Cishek account.  Those two are definitely one and the same.  I think the Portillo’s account is someone else, but likely someone in the same inner circle.  It’s very clear there is a small group of people who have access to some inside info, whether it‘s coming from a shared source or it’s being shared to them second hand from a more reliable insider like Y2Jimmy.  Most of the stuff Not Steve Cishek broke are things that James had at roughly the same time and his big trade deadline deal that was supposed to be happening with the Brewers seems to overlap with bad info that WSD also had.  

To me, these accounts all fall in one of three buckets:  1) They’re completely fake.  2) They’re legit insiders using burner accounts to avoid outing their sources.  3). They have access to inside info but it comes from a friend so they can’t leak it on their personal account.  IMO, Not Steve Cishek likely falls into bucket three as we have seen him get some things right.  Portillo’s is still up in the air, but I could see him being in that second bucket.  Again, just strange they posted for months and continued to do so without anyone noticing.

Cishek has proven to be a fraud over and over again. He is no better than incarcerated Bob. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree with most of this. The one thing I’d add, with respect to your comment that the Hamburger had been tweeting for months and isn’t new, is that if someone has the time to run and consistently update 1-3 burner accounts, then it wouldn’t surprise me if he also has backup accounts that he occasionally updates if things go haywire with the others. I bet there are more out there right now even that we haven’t found 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I agree with most of this. The one thing I’d add, with respect to your comment that the Hamburger had been tweeting for months and isn’t new, is that if someone has the time to run and consistently update 1-3 burner accounts, then it wouldn’t surprise me if he also has backup accounts that he occasionally updates if things go haywire with the others. I bet there are more out there right now even that we haven’t found 

That’s a really good point.

Not trying to rain on the parade by the way- the account's info could very well be accurate, in fact in the case of Springer, it is. Just wanted to caution people to not make assumptions about its future validity and its role in the burner account sphere

20 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Not trying to rain on the parade by the way- the account's info could very well be accurate, in fact in the case of Springer, it is. Just wanted to caution people to not make assumptions about its future validity and its role in the burner account sphere

Good call.  What is accurate info now can and does change.  Doesn't mean it wasn't accurate at one point.

23 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Let’s be real. Portillos could be Rick Hahn telling us Springer is their number one target. Even then the odds it actually ends up in him signing would be <50%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Let’s be real. Portillos could be Rick Hahn telling us Springer is their number one target. Even then the odds it actually ends up in him signing would be <50%

Too true , which is why I really don't give a flying fig about who is who on Twitter. It's just entertainment to me. I don't need the news as soon as I can get it. I love speculating on the rumors but it's like talking about a movie after you watch it. It's all make believe until it becomes reality.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Too true , which is why I really don't give a flying fig about who is who on Twitter. It's just entertainment to me. I don't need the news as soon as I can get it. I love speculating on the rumors but it's like talking about a movie after you watch it. It's all make believe until it becomes reality.

Yep.  Knowing something 5 min before the team announces it is completely pointless.  Why not just wait?  Nothing is funnier to me than Ken Rosenthal or MLBtraderumors giving credit to whoever for “scooping” or “first reporting”, like the world cares.  Enjoy your scraps n crumbs you submissive little doggies lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bmags said:

No way Hahn posts anything regarding Sox plans on Twitter. This is the same guy that called out social media for breaking the Pederson deal. He’s not going to jeopardize Sox moves. I do think he could be one of the leaks to Passan though about LaRussa. He has to be salty about that decision.

4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

No way Hahn posts anything regarding Sox plans on Twitter. This is the same guy that called out social media for breaking the Pederson deal. He’s not going to jeopardize Sox moves. I do think he could be one of the leaks to Passan though about LaRussa. He has to be salty about that decision.

Dude 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

If assistant GM Hahn didn’t want everyone knowing what the white Sox are doing, he’s doing an abjectly awful job of controlling leaks, and has been for years.

what kind of money would JocP command? Seems like if he plays less, he becomes worse. Dump Mazara for Joc and play Engel late in games.

If Pederson got 500 pa's in our park, he might hit 30 homers. He walks enough to keep his OBA in the .330's as well. might be worth 3 yr.x8.

18 minutes ago, zisk said:

what kind of money would JocP command? Seems like if he plays less, he becomes worse. Dump Mazara for Joc and play Engel late in games.

If Pederson got 500 pa's in our park, he might hit 30 homers. He walks enough to keep his OBA in the .330's as well. might be worth 3 yr.x8.

I don’t think Joc gets more than two in this market and honestly I think he takes a pillow contract and hopes for greener pastures next year.

• bmags locked this topic