Offseason Targets

soxfan49

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I know I don't come on this board much anymore, but is there really a subset of fans that don't like Grandal? I'm so confused. He's a slam dunk top 3 catcher in the game. How is this a real thing?

James McCann is god to some and the fact he won’t be brought back as Gios personal catcher gets a lot of people fired up I guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Vazquez’s best offensive season was in a 60 game pandemic fueled season in which he put up a wRC+ of 115.  Meanwhile, Grandal has a career wRC+ of 118 across nine seasons.  Saying this is all about framing is beyond fucking ridiculous.

What's the framing value of a ball rolling between your legs because you're not paying attention?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GenericUserName said:

I can't take any analysis seriously when they spell catcher wrong.

I just posted one blog link because there are videos in it showing off his arm and pickoff throws.  But of course because it's a blog with a spelling error the evidence of at least some of his defensive abilities can be ignored. 

Yep, sounds like a typical Grandal supporter.  I bet even TLR's wife doesn't even make as many excuses for his behavior as you Grandal supporters make for Grandal's behavior.

Edited by YourWhatHurts
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I can’t 

I will say it's nice that the "irrationally hated by Soxtalk" player is no longer Yoan Moncada, but some of the Grandal hate is genuinely hilarious. There was one post a few weeks ago suggesting that the starting pitchers had literal fights over not having to throw to him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not sure if he has any credibility but Schins is throwing out a lot of predictions on Twitter tonight. I guess we’ll see what ends up happening to figure out if he’s legit or not.

What predictions and who is Schins?

28 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not sure if he has any credibility but Schins is throwing out a lot of predictions on Twitter tonight. I guess we’ll see what ends up happening to figure out if he’s legit or not.

Schins is so bad he makes  Not Cishek and Al’s Beef look like Rick Hahn and Kenny Williams

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Twitter shit poster of fake rumors.  No need to pay him any attention.   

I looked it up and he said a whole little of little....

1.) Looking at upgrades in RF and SP with DH not being as much as a priority

2.) Trade market likely suppressed this offseason do to no milb last year 

Well... duh.

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I looked it up and he said a whole little of little....

1.) Looking at upgrades in RF and SP with DH not being as much as a priority

2.) Trade market likely suppressed this offseason do to no milb last year 

Well... duh.

Yeah, poster of the obvious as if it's in depth or inside info. 

WSox spent 4.3 million for 5 WAR at the toughest role to fill in baseball. One of the best FA signings in a long time.

That's why some people speak so highly about James McCann. Count me as one who will miss him when he's gone.

I honestly don't knw if he will continue that pace, or regress to the mean. JM definitely hits to right a lot more now

than when he was a tiger though.

After the season, if you could choose one of these offseasons, which would you choose?

1. Keep Renteria, sign Bradley Jr, sign Odorizzi, sign Chafin
  2. Hire La Russa, find out he got a second DUI, sign Springer, trade for Marquez without giving up Vaughn, sign Quintana, bring back Colome

16 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

After the season, if you could choose one of these offseasons, which would you choose?

2. Hire La Russa, find out he got a second DUI, sign Springer, trade for Marquez without giving up Vaughn, sign Quintana, bring back Colome

this is the worst would you rather ever

why do these have to be the choices

15 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I've thought about this as well but the issue with this scenario is it means reinsdorf is an even bigger POS than anyone thought. 

"I'll only try and spend money if you accept my drunk racist uncle as your leader!"

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I will say it's nice that the "irrationally hated by Soxtalk" player is no longer Yoan Moncada, but some of the Grandal hate is genuinely hilarious. There was one post a few weeks ago suggesting that the starting pitchers had literal fights over not having to throw to him

Maybe I have forgotten, but was there really that much hate talk regarding the Grandal signing last year? Seems to me people were rejoicing about the early signing.

14 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think Reinsdorf is getting a little tired of throwing a bunch of money at free agents and getting nothing in return. 

Thats too bad.

Has he ever thought of stopping his org from making stoopud decisions (apart from Grandal/Keuchel) over and over again?

Has he thought about firing his incompetent team president, and hiring someone with actual ability? Or modernizing his FO, so that they stop making stoopid decisions?

I, for one get tired of seeing them make decisions that pretty much everyone with 2 working eyes and minimum of familiarity with the game can see will be moronic decisions? (EE, Mazara, Gio Gonzalez, now TLR, etc, ad nauseum...)

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

this is the worst would you rather ever

why do these have to be the choices

Because it’s a hypothetical. Of course these aren’t the only real life options. The point of the exercise is to see whether you are willing to accept TLR if it means a better team. I would selfishly take option 2, and I wouldn’t hesitate. But I also understand if someone can’t look past the TLR debacle and want nothing to do with him. 

• bmags locked this topic