Offseason Targets

soxfan49

14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Thanks for sharing. Looks like they are out on Ozuna

Yeah it looks like that’s the case. They are looking for an everyday RF. I got this from Al’s Cheesy Beef’s account and he also tweeted, like he’s been pushing along, it’s either Springer, Jackie Bradley Jr or Pederson. So far nothing from PortillosHamburger today.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

So I would like to get your take on which free agents the Sox will sign this year since this is the offseason targets thread?

Certainly sir, per your request, I see them signing Joc Pederson on a one year pillow contract with a team option and J.A. Happ on an incentive laden deal, after missing out on several other better, more exciting names for various reasons both monetary and not. And to me, that'd be a damn shame. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Do you know who PortillosHamburger is?

No, but was disappointed Portillo's was closed for carry-out when I passed by to use the rest of my gift certificate yesterday (for a combo and free survey fries). For hot dogs, I don't like Vienna. The only places I go these days are Superdawg & Costco. I miss Wally's (Diversey / Central), Nickies/Johns (Addison / Long) and Bowser Dogs (Irving Park near 6 corners) from the Leon's Sausage / Garden on a bun heyday.

Like 35th Red Hots for a pregame Polish and Fries. It's the same owner I believe as Red Hot Ranch, which serves fresh burgers (unlike Portillo's frozen patties).  Harlo Grill in Melrose Park also has great burgers.

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Which free agents do you think the Sox will sign?

Usually just wait for Spring Training to start before evaluating the off-season. I posted my preferred off-season "dream wish list", one of which thankfully already occurred (Katz for Cooper). It may be the most important change over the next few years regardless of whether they sign a single FA. Really glad Hahn and Lucas closed the deal.

Heading into last season, I liked the Keuchel signing, thought Mazara was an OK low cost gamble, didn't like EE or Grandal signings, thought it hindered current roster construction and wanted $ spent on SP and RF.

In the same boat this year (SP / RF + Colome or another closer or solid late inning reliever). I don't expect, or even believe the White Sox need to sign Springer and/or Bauer to be competitive. Wouldn't be upset with either coming, baring a ridiculous overpay, but certainly don't expect it. Mets will likely get Springer, not sure even Bauer knows where he may be headed.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

14 minutes ago, R.J. said:

Certainly sir, per your request, I see them signing Joc Pederson on a one year pillow contract with a team option and J.A. Happ on an incentive laden deal, after missing out on several other better, more exciting names for various reasons both monetary and not. And to me, that'd be a damn shame. 

I like Pederson. But that would be very underwhelming. I would be very disappointed if that's what we came away with.

22 minutes ago, R.J. said:

Thanks for sharing. That’s very underwhelming. I see them spending a lot more than that or atleast make a splash on a trade along with signing a Pederson and some other backend SP’s for the rotation. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Alex Wood 🤮

Rich Hill 🤮

Drew Smyly 🤮

Rick Porcello 🤮

Why do we always have to suffer which such garbage? 

Once, can we be involved in a trade/free agency signing that nets us an eltie level player!

I understand these are depth pieces and depth is needed, but if we're going depth, there's got to be better choices. 

13 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Alex Wood 🤮

Rich Hill 🤮

Drew Smyly 🤮

Rick Porcello 🤮

Why do we always have to suffer which such garbage? 

Once, can we be involved in a trade/free agency signing that nets us an eltie level player!

I understand these are depth pieces and depth is needed, but if we're going depth, there's got to be better choices. 

I wouldn’t worry about this too much. It sounds like all these guys are at the bottom of their list or a backup in case their plans don’t work out. That’s how I read the tweet.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Dang, they are an alliance. Throw them all out. 

Well James, WSD, Merkin and most of the national media guys are saying the Sox will spend this offseason so I wouldn’t worry. It’s early. 

This is kind of strange though that Not Steve Cishek tweeted this after Portillos tweeted that he’s not the same person as Al’s Cheesy Beef. He made it sound like he created all three accounts under the same umbrella to save face.

Edited by maloney.adam

These guys were quiet all day. They must have been watching the Masters earlier and football. Al’s Cheesy Beef tweeted that Springer is their 1a and Jackie Bradley Jr is their 1b and he is claiming that he is a different person than Not Steve Cishek and PortillosHamburger Lol. 😂

Edited by maloney.adam

• bmags locked this topic