Offseason Targets

soxfan49

To me there are so many acceptable RF solutions. Springer is taking the value in the class, but then there is Joc as a platoon with Engel which is fine and a potential bounce back. Think 2010 Andruw Jones. Great.

Next there is JBJ who would legit turn our outfield into plus. We could even tell Eloy to stand in the bullpen and just let Luis robert and jbj do a 2 man outfield.

that's 3.

Then there is the weird stuff, the double-psyche colorado rockies stuff. Nobody is going to blow their stack on infielders with what is coming up. Put Semien in RF. Win central.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I won't say "stand pat" but I also don't see us pulling in the top level players either.

So your thinking the likes of Pederson, Quintana or Kluber. Something along those lines right? That’s not a bad offseason but I would try to trade for a TOR starter and sign another bullpen arm to go along with it.

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

So your thinking the likes of Pederson, Quintana or Kluber. Something along those lines right? That’s not a bad offseason but I would try to trade for a TOR starter and sign another bullpen arm to go along with it.

If they re-sign Colome they won't need another bull-pen arm. They are set with good arms in the pen. Their priority should be getting a GOOD 1-3 type starting pitcher and another end of the rotation guy. If they want to replace Mazura with another right fielder, fine. Do it. But I think that it is just a "nice to have" when compared with the real need of two dependable starting pitchers. Its not even close.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

To me there are so many acceptable RF solutions. Springer is taking the value in the class, but then there is Joc as a platoon with Engel which is fine and a potential bounce back. Think 2010 Andruw Jones. Great.

Next there is JBJ who would legit turn our outfield into plus. We could even tell Eloy to stand in the bullpen and just let Luis robert and jbj do a 2 man outfield.

that's 3.

Then there is the weird stuff, the double-psyche colorado rockies stuff. Nobody is going to blow their stack on infielders with what is coming up. Put Semien in RF. Win central.

Trading for Calhoun seems like such a good match right now

20 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

If they re-sign Colome they won't need another bull-pen arm. They are set with good arms in the pen. Their priority should be getting a GOOD 1-3 type starting pitcher and another end of the rotation guy. If they want to replace Mazura with another right fielder, fine. Do it. But I think that it is just a "nice to have" when compared with the real need of two dependable starting pitchers. Its not even close.

So you would rather have Mazara back next year? You must have seen something from him that I missed. 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

5 IIRC. It's a year and a half less of control, but fits the window better and removes a bit of the logjam from 1B/DH.

What logjam? We have Abreu and Vaughn at 1b/DH. I don't see any other high value players in the mix there

Just now, Vulture said:

What logjam? We have Abreu and Vaughn at 1b/DH. I don't see any other high value players in the mix there

Well, realistically, Eloy should be at DH at least some of the time, and likely full time by 2023.  Which should work out OK with Abreu's deal running through 22.  But flipping Vaughn for Tucker (which won't happen) would solve RF, open DH for Eloy and let us sign someone like Brantley or Rosario for LF.  

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m just messing around. I think it’s funny that they are still tweeting stuff.

Yeah, its just getting a bit old.  I mean you do you, its a free message board.  But you're directly impacting the enjoyment of this board for people at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, its just getting a bit old.  I mean you do you, its a free message board.  But you're directly impacting the enjoyment of this board for people at this point.  

I don’t think this is meant to be against my overall reputation on this board or me personally but really man. I do post some informative stuff on this board. 

Edited by maloney.adam

• bmags locked this topic