Offseason Targets

soxfan49

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

New bold predictions for us:

• Springer - 5/$125M (announced this Tuesday)
  • Richards - 1/$10M
  • Colome - 1/$7M
  • Lynn - Acquired for Stiever, Adolfo, & Sosa

I rather the Sox throw everything they can at Bauer and sign no one else and make no trades until after Bauer signs.

I don't care about the board freaking out if there is no activity . That should be priority one and make it clear to him how much we want him and plan on winning some World Series with him and would like to sign him asap so we can get on with filling in the rest of the roster.

Throwing a shit load of money at Springer is not addressing our priorities.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There's a common misconception that Rockies pitchers are better when they leave Coors and hitters are worse. 

Wait, are you saying Tyler Chatwood wasn't awesome after leaving Colorado?  

If I had a buck for everytime I heard that...  well I could have at least gotten a good lunch somewhere.  

On 11/22/2020 at 3:28 AM, tray said:

Sox really don't need to make many moves. 

Don't create a hole at second base by trading Madrigal who  is a perfect fit on this team.

If Kopech and Crochet make a starting rotation that already has Giolito and Keuchel  that would be awesome.

Sox would still have  Cease/Rodon/Dunning/ ReyLo  for the fifth spot or the bullpen.

I would like the Sox to sign McCann and then hold their cards unless they get blown away with some trade offer.

Definitely not going to happen - a move or two will happen.

Free agency is how they will try to get done.

I have my doubts that many prospects are going anywhere unless they fail at free agency.

They need a veteran starter. Their young guys are still not capable of shouldering the full load.

They also need a reliable right fielder. There is no one in their system ready to step up for that position.

McCann is getting a starting MLB job somewhere else. He's too good to not.

Excited for some movement as for now there are too many pieces on the board. One thing I find interesting is for all the talk about cutting spending, I don't see that many teams actually posturing that way aside from the cubs and cleveland. Brewers would seem to be a team that could effect as well.

But Tigers and Royals both seem to indicate they are looking to add. Sox certainly. Perhaps twins can't, and there will be teams like the As that just can't retain as much talent as they would in a normal year. But who knows.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Excited for some movement as for now there are too many pieces on the board. One thing I find interesting is for all the talk about cutting spending, I don't see that many teams actually posturing that way aside from the cubs and cleveland. Brewers would seem to be a team that could effect as well.

But Tigers and Royals both seem to indicate they are looking to add. Sox certainly. Perhaps twins can't, and there will be teams like the As that just can't retain as much talent as they would in a normal year. But who knows.

You will really see it at the upcoming arbitration deadline.. You already saw tons of good value players get cut due to their player options

What is the appeal of Marquez if we are offsetting his cost control value with a super expensive, aging outfielder while still giving up our cheap depth of prospects?

Marquez is a bad option with our assumed prices. Unless the rockies are going to take a package we'd be willing to give, he's a silly target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Admittedly did not look but assume as much 

Let's cut through the BS of trying white wash his defense. He's a butcher in the OF. In 2018 he had -29 in DRS. -29.....-29. 

Edited by Baron
  • Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

What is the appeal of Marquez if we are offsetting his cost control value with a super expensive, aging outfielder while still giving up our cheap depth of prospects?

Marquez is a bad option with our assumed prices. Unless the rockies are going to take a package we'd be willing to give, he's a silly target.

I think the assumption was the Rockies would be willing to take significantly less prospect capital if you took on Blackmon’s salary, which is what I was questioning.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I think the assumption was the Rockies would be willing to take significantly less prospect capital if you took on Blackmon’s salary, which is what I was questioning.

Blackmon isn't negative value now. It would still require a significant package while having the awesome effect of maxing out salary for the next two years.

• bmags locked this topic