Offseason Targets

soxfan49

5 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I think the Rays would have a lot of interest in Matt Foster also as part of a Snell deal, likely as a 4th piece, or as a 3rd piece if the first 2 pieces were huge.

I think the deal that the Rays would want, without including Vaughn, would be something like Kopech + Stiever + Bailey + Foster or Kopech + Dalquist + Thompson + Foster, something like that.  And I would be very uncomfortable giving up really any of those guys, but most uncomfortable giving up Kopech, then Stiever, then Bailey, then Dalquist/Thompson.  But I think that either could be a fair best offer and if the Sox made it, I couldn't say they "overpaid" at the time on paper.

Foster feels like someone who could have peaked last year as he lacks the pure stuff of almost every other reliever in baseball.  It wouldn't shock me if he becomes a lot more mediocre as baseball gets more looks at him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

You are posting fake insiders going back and forth with each other over nonsense. If its an actual rumor that would make sense to post

11 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Yeah especially when its not even funny.

Sorry that I’m ruining your enjoyment and by the way that Nancy’s Pizza tweet was a reply to Al’s tweets below. It just wouldn’t let me copy everything. 

Edited by maloney.adam

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If a team is willing to pay Bryant,  the return would be near zero. But it will take about 25 million and you only get him for one year.

Could be a bit less than 25, but either way, if that's the case seems like a no brainer to me. Sox would get compensation pick for their troubles, irk cubs fans and stack their lineup for a '21 WS run without dipping into their top talent? Then go back to the drawing board for RF next off season when conditions will probably be more favorable. I'd do that all day.

Edited by Vulture

• bmags locked this topic