Offseason Targets

soxfan49

My God. Some of these trade ideas. Seriously?

Forget the Rangers. We aren't taking Andrus back with that terrible contract so that we can get 1 year of Lynn?  No thanks. Hard pass. There are plenty of other potential partners we can trade with. And trade without compromising the core of talent, the financial flexibility, and the 5 year window to compete. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, smellysox said:

My God. Some of these trade ideas. Seriously?

Forget the Rangers. We aren't taking Andrus back with that terrible contract so that we can get 1 year of Lynn?  No thanks. Hard pass. There are plenty of other potential partners we can trade with. And trade without compromising the core of talent, the financial flexibility, and the 5 year window to compete. 

Nobody is taking Andrus. His option year vests if traded. No shot 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

???

Sox trade: Dunning, Thompson, Dalquist, Lopez, Burdi, Adolfo

Sox get: Darvish, Lynn, Heyward, $6M cash per season on Heyward's deal from Cubs

Cubs trade: Darvish, Heyward, Kimbrel

Cubs get: Andrus, Dunning, Dalquist, Lopez

Rangers trade: Lynn, Andrus

Rangers get: Thompson, Adolfo, Burdi, Kimbrel, $4M cash from Cubs on Kimbrel, $4M cash from Sox

So the Rangers get basically nothing for Lynn and Andrus?

3 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

???

Sox trade: Dunning, Thompson, Dalquist, Lopez, Burdi, Adolfo

Sox get: Darvish, Lynn, Heyward, $6M cash per season on Heyward's deal from Cubs

Cubs trade: Darvish, Heyward, Kimbrel

Cubs get: Andrus, Dunning, Dalquist, Lopez

Rangers trade: Lynn, Andrus

Rangers get: Thompson, Adolfo, Burdi, Kimbrel, $4M cash from Cubs on Kimbrel, $4M cash from Sox

MVP Baseball 2005?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

You think the Cubs would want Cease back? 

I think so. Might need to add a sweetener but I think that might get it done unless someone like Mets, Padres or even Twins get involved. Then we might need to get creative i.e. Kimbrel. 

So who do you guys think PortillosHamburger, Al’s Cheesy Beef and Not Steve Cishek are? I know that some people think they are posters on this board but just want to get your thoughts on it. I dugged down further into Portillos account and found a twitter account from someone that is claiming that Portillos is taking or stealing information from him and the followers are really ripping into Portillos. Don’t know if it’s legit or not.

Edited by maloney.adam

19 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

So who do you guys think PortillosHamburger, Al’s Cheesy Beef and Not Steve Cishek are? I know that some people think they are posters on this board but just want to get your thoughts on it. I dugged down further into Portillos account and found a twitter account from someone that is claiming that Portillos is taking or stealing information from him and the followers are really ripping into Portillos. Don’t know if it’s legit or not.

Maybe you’re Portillos.

13 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Seems like you have a lot of time considering you post all of their tweets on this forum.

Im starting to get really mad now. Can you please stop it NOW with the false claims. The reason why I post them on here is that we don’t have anything else to talk about right now and it’s hot stove season. I love reading about rumors and possible offseason targets and posting them on Soxtalk. Portillos is thought to have good info. Even James mentioned it so quit it with the false claims.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Some dude who pretends to be a White Sox insider on Twitter and who possibly created all these fake pizza accounts.

Ah ok. Thank you. I don't know maybe it's just me but i trust Jimmy on here and not much else. These supposed White Sox insiders going back and forth with a bunch of people isn't even really amusing it's just dumb. 

• Like 1

Portillo's has been around awhile. And not Cishek even longer. I really don't know about Al's cheesy beef. But since they formed an alliance they really do have each other's back. I think it's 2 different people. Don't know about the 3rd.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Ah ok. Thank you. I don't know maybe it's just me but i trust Jimmy on here and not much else. These supposed White Sox insiders going back and forth with a bunch of people isn't even really amusing it's just dumb. 

Oh I totally agree.  Jimmy is the one dude I 100% trust.  That being said, James did verify that some of the info that Portillo’s posted a while ago was in indeed accurate and well before said info became public.  That doesn’t mean Portillo’s is still accurate, but he clearly had info at some point whether first hand or second hand.

2 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Portillo's has been around awhile. And not Cishek even longer. I really don't know about Al's cheesy beef. But since they formed an alliance they really do have each other's back. I think it's 2 different people. Don't know about the 3rd.

Al’s is clearly one of the other two people.  And honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them is WSD.

18 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Im starting to get really mad now. Can you please stop it NOW with the false claims. The reason why I post them on here is that we don’t have anything else to talk about right now and it’s hot stove season. I love reading about rumors and possible offseason targets and posting them on Soxtalk. Portillos is thought to have good info. Even James mentioned it so quit it with the false claims.

I’m just messing with you, my bad. In all seriousness Vold is just a troll so don’t pay attention to him.

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’m just messing with you, my bad. In all seriousness Vold is just a troll so don’t pay attention to him.

Listen I had kind of a stressful night. I may have sounded a little harsh. My apologies. It’s just that I didn’t like that I was being accused of being them. However, I have nothing against you. You provide a lot of insightful things to this board and I appreciate it. No hard feelings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Getting awfully defensive. It's confirmed that this guy is als cheesy beef ^

• Haha 2

• bmags locked this topic