Offseason Targets

soxfan49

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sounds like someone is trying to hide something here 🤔

Absolutely not. Wouldn't I WANT people to care who they are if that was the case? What is the point of knowing who they are? It's apparent that all of them are throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Even if you told me one was WSD and one was Fathom, what good does that do us?

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Absolutely not. Wouldn't I WANT people to care who they are if that was the case? What is the point of knowing who they are? It's apparent that all of them are throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Even if you told me one was WSD and one was Fathom, what good does that do us?

I think people want to know if one person(in this case, Schins) is creating multiple accounts to turn the echo chamber up from a whisper to a scream.  I think that part is fair 

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Because it's interesting. What good does it do? Maybe nothing. But if it was WSD, well we know he has sources in the front office. Which helps make those tweets um legitimate?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I really don't though.  But people getting wrapped up in these food related burner accounts need to look back at the Machado Madness threads.   A lot of you are being played 

Well not to mention that you don't have to go far in his timeline to find info he's already been wrong about. 

3 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Because it's interesting. What good does it do? Maybe nothing. But if it was WSD, well we know he has sources in the front office. Which helps make those tweets um legitimate?

I think even WSD would tell you that he does not have sources that high up. 

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I think it really comes down to two things.  First & foremost, are these guys at all legit?  Obviously the thought of someone spilling all the plans of the front office is exciting to those of us addicted to offseason rumors.  It’s fun to believe some of these guys are real and at least it generates some good discussion.  Second, everyone loves a good mystery.  Knowing who they are doesn’t do us any “good”, but it would be interesting to know why they are using burner accounts and not just their own identities like James does.  Are they actually leaking info that would expose a source if it came from their personal account?  Are they just some loser looking for attention by making shit up and hoping stuff sticks?  This circles back to the first item, as one of them being WSD for example would suggest there may be merit to their tweets, whereas a random SoxTalk user would suggest straight trolling.  Honestly, with not much else going on, I personally find it fun tj discuss, but obviously to each their own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's do the Twitter Insider breakdown.

WSD = Good
James = Good
Portillo's = Broke stuff in the past under the radar (Bummer as an example), now rose to prominence
Not Cishek = Cishek Quality
Cheesy Beef = Portillo's knock off
Schins = lmao no 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Flash said:

Sugano and Darvish and spread the cost of an interpreter.

Oh i like the original thought. How is Tadahito Iguchi's english ? Can he be the interpreter/coach ? Would love the Sox to get established in the Japanese market again , even if the west coast is the most popular destination.

54 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Please...for our sanity...can we get a real rumor? I may need to take a few days off with all this twitter garbage posting. 

I don't think we are going to get anything this week. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Some dude who pretends to be a White Sox insider on Twitter and who possibly created all these fake pizza accounts.

Can we please stop with the misinformation. These are beef based accounts, not pizza.

Someone please tag me when Beggars starts fighting with Palermo's. Thanks

• Haha 1

• bmags locked this topic