Offseason Targets

soxfan49

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Schwarber isn't coming here to platoon and ride pine. He is going somewhere to be a full time DH or a desperate team's outfielder. 

He’d be smart to wait until NL makes a decision. He would be a great fit for the other NL Central teams.

42 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’d be smart to wait until NL makes a decision. He would be a great fit for the other NL Central teams.

Utterly ridiculous the NL-DH stuff hasn't been sorted out yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they can find a spot for all three of Vaughn, Eloy and Abreu, then sure they can keep him. My opinion is that Vaughn is blocked until Abreu is no longer starting. I'm not sure I want a butcher in LF and a well below average defender at 1B. You can deal with one of those, but not both. 

Abreu was a well below defender at 1B last year?

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How does that make sense though?  He’s willing to trade for big salaries but not sign them?  Why?

To me, that would mean that guys like Darvish, Wheeler and Harper are out of the question as well. 

I don't think he's willing to top Grandal's deal from last year. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

My opinion? If they actually land him it's going to be both Lynn and Gallo. And it's going to cost Cease+, and we're all going to puke when Lynn is not re-signed. 

That would be dumb. Took so long to accumulate assets only to flippantly trade them with a significant long term WAR loss

1 minute ago, NCsoxfan said:

That would be dumb. Took so long to accumulate assets only to flippantly trade them with a significant long term WAR loss

It's the White Sox Modus Operandi. Has been for 20 years. 

Leopards don't change their spots. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

To me, that would mean that guys like Darvish, Wheeler and Harper are out of the question as well. 

I don't think he's willing to top Grandal's deal from last year. 

You mean just this offseason, because they are clearly willing to top Grandal’s deal in a general sense.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You mean just this offseason, because they are clearly willing to top Grandal’s deal in a general sense.

Yeah, I mean until there's fans in the stands Grandal territory is top dollar in years and money for Jerry. I don't think he's willing to go any longer than 4 years and any higher than 18-19M AAV on a single contract until things get back to normal revenue wise. 

The MLB owners are going to use the pandemic to lay the hammer down on the MLBPA and I do not expect a 2022 season at this point. The MLB owners and MLBPA are probably not anywhere close to the same planet.  

Each side thinks the other is on Uranus. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• bmags locked this topic