Offseason Targets

soxfan49

Just now, bmags said:

Read some weird stuff that Yanks were looking at Andrelton Simmons for SS and we’re tired of Gleybars defense.

So...Urshela, Simmons, Torres, lemahieu, Voit? What gives?

Also saw where they might be favorite to sign Schwarber.  Voit has been rumored as trade bait.

3 hours ago, fathom said:

Yeah it seems too dumb to be true 

3 hours ago, raBBit said:

Utterly ridiculous the NL-DH stuff hasn't been sorted out yet.

It's by design, owners want to flood the unsigned player market to lower salaries, trying to get yet another garbage 16 team playoff for next year, perhaps even more teams. Wouldn't be surprised if owners will cancel 100 games out of the regular season yet again next season, just for spite and to set up the CBA negotiations.

Would hope the players consider walking out in September if they owners pull that shit again, and they don't sign any agreement without the wiggle room to walk out before the playoffs, the only thing owners give a shit about. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I could see Tony loving someone like Alex Claudio

I don’t even know where to focus honestly. Still have my crush on Tony McGee. I don’t think it changes affordability of top line guys, but if scouts all like a guy go get em for a nickel

9 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

If the Sox do dump prospects for a RF, who's your guess for most likely target?

who's your preferred (realistic) target?

If they acquire someone in a trade to plug RF, I doubt it would be anyone that would cost big time prospects. If they miss out on Springer, I'm personally ok with them going with Pederson, Bradley, the Korean OF, gambling on Dahl for RF and trading for a SP.

Edited by manbearpuig

2 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Dahl is a possible option if the Sox truly aren't looking to spend significant $ on Springer.

How does his injury issues effect him moving forward? Seems strange they'd cut him in his first year of arb when he probably wouldn't cost that much.

• bmags locked this topic