Offseason Targets

soxfan49

Just now, flavum said:

Agreed. It’s cool when the occasional rando comes up with a scoop the day before something happens and it comes true. But these guys that tweet all day every day that don’t put their own names on it should be ignored. 

Yeah guys like the legendary k0na would just tweet out a piece of information. These guys are just clout chasers and a waste of time. If I wanted to I coukld make a fake insider account and throw enough shit at the wall that some would stick.

All they are doing now is hedging their bets. If Springer signs with us great they'll claim they were right. If he doesn't they will claim they were right by tweeting about their doubts just a short while before it. 

5 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Crap.  Doubtful they match a 4 yr offer.

Nor should they. SIgning McCann to a market rate contract would be a bad allocation of ressources. Sign a backup, maybe even bring Flowers back, and be done with it. 

Edited by GermanSoxFan

17 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Joc >>>>> JBJ.

I know I'm one of the few on here that really likes Joc.  Sure I would prefer Springer.  But Joc is a nice 2nd choice. And better than anything we've had in a while in RF. If the Sox did a 2 yr deal I'm ok with that too.

Edited by smellysox

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Crap.  Doubtful they match a 4 yr offer.

Even if the Sox matched it, why would McCann stay when he can be the man? 

I have a feeling, if the Sox really want him back at some point, they will be able to get the Mets to trade him and send along some money in a couple of years when Grandal is done.

Just now, smellysox said:

I know I'm one of the few on here that really likes Joc.  Sure I would prefer Springer.  But Joc is a nice 2nd choice. And better than anything we've had in a while. If the Sox did a 2 yr deal I'm ok with that too.

Joc and Engel/leury will give you close to Springer‘s production offensively. Joc would be a great signing

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, smellysox said:

I know I'm one of the few on here that really likes Joc.  Sure I would prefer Springer.  But Joc is a nice 2nd choice. And better than anything we've had in a while in RF. If the Sox did a 2 yr deal I'm ok with that too.

If sox struggled with LHP, obviously Joc would be a terrible choice. But as it is, he's a player that can thrive on our team. And I'd rather be in a position of needing to find a platoon partner who crushes LHP should Engel fail in that role (which I don't think he will).

That said, I love Springer. And obviously I was on the trade for Betts lonely bandwagon. I love the idea of an outfield that just slays. It would be great fun.

But the best part about Joc to me is he likely won't prevent you from getting a big upgrade should one become available. That's what I was worried about with Castellanos/Ozuna talk last year. Good not great players who wouldn't age well and would prevent you from getting a big upgrade.

7 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Can Joc hit lefties now, at least above 200?  I haven't checked on him lately.  I'd assume to would be a Joc/Engel platoon.

It would be a platoon but a much better platoon than we have had. 

Let's get the Joc deal done. RH knows JR cannot and will not even try to win a bidding against Cohen so let's secure Joc so we can keep any trade asset and budget powder we have dry for a SP, rather than having to move an actual asset for a RF if we lose out on Joc too.

• Thanks 1

• bmags locked this topic