Offseason Targets

soxfan49

1 hour ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Yeah, I disagree with you. Signing an perma-cripple whose numbers are inflated by Coors Field is a bad idea, IMO.

His splits are pretty telling: Dahl career splits A (snicker) 111 wrc+ AT Coors Field? A pathetic 87 wrc+ away? Put in more GLARING terms, an awesome.918 OPS in Coors, but a pathetic OPS of .722 away. (And remember, we'd be getting more of the .722 OPS, since The Rate is away from Coors.)

He only has a 109 wrc+ career against RHP, which really ain't that good, since some of that would have come at Coors. 

Also, his DRS is negative at all OF spots.

Also, the fact that Colorado gave up on him must mean that his injuries are more significant than one might suspect at first glance.

Were this the 2018-2019 SOX, Dahl might have been worth a gamble. But for the 2021 SOX, he's EXACTLY the wrong player for RF, IMO.

It's money.  

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

Realmuto is going to have a real depressed market if the Mets are out. I see this two ways...using this as leverage to land Realmuto or they truly are signing one of Bauer or Springer and going more economical with McCann. Nice plan for the Mets so far. 

Or both Bauer and Springer to go with McCann

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Guys, did the Beef guy really call this McCann stuff?

You don’t need to be a fake insider to predict McCann going to the Mets. Btw. peopl here told me with 100% certainty that he would get 2yrs max. Maybe I should call myself an insider for predicting that McCann would get 4/45.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I love how all the fake insiders are now pivoting to Springer with the White Sox isn't likely. Can we get rid of this idiots please? 

Agreed. It’s cool when the occasional rando comes up with a scoop the day before something happens and it comes true. But these guys that tweet all day every day that don’t put their own names on it should be ignored. 

• bmags locked this topic