Offseason Targets

soxfan49

8 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I would hate to lose Madrigal. Thanks for sharing this Al.. I mean Adam.

I would hate to lose Madrigal as well but I wonder who else we could swap in place of him in a trade? No worries, Orlando. Thank you for the kudos! 

Edited by maloney.adam

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I would hate to lose Madrigal as well but I wonder who else we could swap in place of him in a trade? No worries, Orlando. Thank you for the kudos! 

Yeah if the Sox want someone good, Madrigal would probably have to go

Guys - doubt we'll see WS announce trades or FA pursuits until deep into hot stove season. Too much financial uncertainty. If/when they do, my guess is they will focus on pitching. They might have a shot at Bauer but I'm skeptical. My #1 target is Darvish (assuming the Cubs shed payroll). He's locked up for 3 yrs at -$20M/AAV and on a given day, is as good as there is. If Cubs create an auction for him, I would consider taking on Kimbrels remaining year (hell, he might still have something left in the tank). Under a Darvish/Kimbrel scenario, we might have to send Cease back but not much else. Gio, Dallas and Darvish compare favorably to any AL team and you can fill in 4/5 with Dunning, Koepech or FA like a Quintana, Smiley or Paxton. Again...this is all subject to economic visibility. 

Just now, Orlando said:

Yeah if the Sox want someone good, Madrigal would probably have to go

I like Madrigal. More than most I reckon. But if it comes down to trading Madrigal or Vaughn for a controlled piece, I'm sending out Nick in a split second. Vaughn's offensive profile is sorely needed in the White Sox lineup. He just fits so well.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I like Madrigal. More than most I reckon. But if it comes down to trading Madrigal or Vaughn for a controlled piece, I'm sending out Nick in a split second. Vaughn's offensive profile is sorely needed in the White Sox lineup. He just fits so well.

Fake insiders love including Madrigal in their fake trade rumors right now because they just fill the hypothetical hole with Wong or Hernandez.  The minute those two are off the market then Madrigal will be magically untouchable again.  

Just now, GREEDY said:

Fake insiders love including Madrigal in their fake trade rumors right now because they just fill the hypothetical hole with Wong or Hernandez.  The minute those two are off the market then Madrigal will be magically untouchable again.  

How do you know that those insiders are fake except for maybe Not Steve Cishek? Do you have any sources. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

When you can be replaced with Wong and Hernandez not sure you are untouchable.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

When you can be replaced with Wong and Hernandez not sure you are untouchable.

Agreed.  

Just pointing out how deep 2B is in free agency and how our fans think when speculating about trades.

I believe Vaughn is more likely to be dealt specifically because 1B is so thin. 

7 minutes ago, sox71 said:

I do not see anyway Madrigal and Vaughn get dealt.  They are cheap and they both were the justifications for those two tanking seasons.  Just my gut feeling.  Also, is Evan Marshall a free agent? Why are people fearful of losing him?  Have a great day and love the posts. 

He has been fantastic for us for two years.  He'd definitely be a loss.

12 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Agreed.  

Just pointing out how deep 2B is in free agency and how our fans think when speculating about trades.

I believe Vaughn is more likely to be dealt specifically because 1B is so thin. 

Oh i get what you are saying. Yeah, there are not a lot of teams that are a fit for Madrigal. Especially outside of our division.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Lynn is such a great fit for the rotation.  He can slide in behind Giolito and give them lots of quality competitive innings which is exactly what this team needs.  The bullpen can take a couple days off from the five and dive guys in the back of the rotation.  

But then he walks in a year and we’re now without what ever we traded for him with a huge part of the window still ahead. If you can get him without any of the elite prospects, I’m more interested. But I’m not trading any of Vaughn, Kopech, Madrigal, Cease, Dunning or other long term mlb assets for 1 year of Lance Lynn. Stiever + lower level pieces makes sense, but I’m sure TEX can do better. 

Why give up major future building blocks when we can sign SP for nothing but dollars in a depressed market? 2021 is just the very beginning of this window of contention. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

But then he walks in a year and we’re now without what ever we traded for him with a huge part of the window still ahead. If you can get him without any of the elite prospects, I’m more interested. But I’m not trading any of Vaughn, Kopech, Madrigal, Cease, Dunning or other long term mlb assets for 1 year of Lance Lynn. Stiever + lower level pieces makes sense, but I’m sure TEX can do better. 

Why give up major future building blocks when we can sign SP for nothing but dollars in a depressed market? 2021 is just the very beginning of this window of contention. 

They're in win now mode and other than Bauer who they're not going to sign there are no FA pitchers as good as Lynn.  

17 minutes ago, sox71 said:

I do not see anyway Madrigal and Vaughn get dealt.  They are cheap and they both were the justifications for those two tanking seasons.  Just my gut feeling.  Also, is Evan Marshall a free agent? Why are people fearful of losing him?  Have a great day and love the posts. 

Evan Marshall is not a FA.

• bmags locked this topic