Offseason Targets

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Why again do we keep sharing rumors from Al's Cheesy Beef, an account made days ago that is a clear parody account? 

They've made it painfully obvious all 3 accounts are ran by the same person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They're in win now mode and other than Bauer who they're not going to sign there are no FA pitchers as good as Lynn.  

Yeah, I guess I’ll need to see it to believe it. Hahn has stated over and over and over again that they’re in this for a sustained period of contention. They’re not interested in stop gaps, etc. Not looking for a flash in the pan of success. Trading any major prices for one year of Lance Lynn goes against everything we’ve been told since the beginning of the rebuild. 

I agree at some point things turn from talent cultivation to moving said talent for MLB assets. But trading MLB ready cheap cost controlled talent for short term fixes isn’t the answer. And it’s not like any of our major MLb ready assets don’t have a clear role on this team moving forward. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Because fake rumors suck? You constantly share tweets from a bogus account. You already denied it is you, but I feel that it is you. Why keep sharing his tweets?

Ok listen here buddy, I’m sharing something that hasn’t been shot down as of yet by the Sox so I think you should give your fellow posters some decency!!! If not a single one of those trades or proposals that Al’s Cheesy Beef pans out than come back and we can talk. As far as I’m concerned, you have nothing to base this off of right now so it’s fair game.

Edited by maloney.adam

9 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

They're in win now mode and other than Bauer who they're not going to sign there are no FA pitchers as good as Lynn.  

I love how people are arguing about fake sources while Harold is dropping great info in here 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, I guess I’ll need to see it to believe it. Hahn has stated over and over and over again that they’re in this for a sustained period of contention. They’re not interested in stop gaps, etc. Not looking for a flash in the pan of success. Trading any major prices for one year of Lance Lynn goes against everything we’ve been told since the beginning of the rebuild. 

I agree at some point things turn from talent cultivation to moving said talent for MLB assets. But trading MLB ready cheap cost controlled talent for short term fixes isn’t the answer. And it’s not like any of our major MLb ready assets don’t have a clear role on this team moving forward. 

The hiring of LaRussa changed the timeline.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ah, so it isn't "sox will spend more" with larussa, it's "sox will be desperate for immediate upgrades but not with money so they will trade prospects for short term deals, and then next year they will also not have more budget so they will then be trading for Mike Leake and acting like they are world series contenders"

Phew!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Guys - doubt we'll see WS announce trades or FA pursuits until deep into hot stove season. Too much financial uncertainty. If/when they do, my guess is they will focus on pitching. They might have a shot at Bauer but I'm skeptical. My #1 target is Darvish (assuming the Cubs shed payroll). He's locked up for 3 yrs at -$20M/AAV and on a given day, is as good as there is. If Cubs create an auction for him, I would consider taking on Kimbrels remaining year (hell, he might still have something left in the tank). Under a Darvish/Kimbrel scenario, we might have to send Cease back but not much else. Gio, Dallas and Darvish compare favorably to any AL team and you can fill in 4/5 with Dunning, Koepech or FA like a Quintana, Smiley or Paxton. Again...this is all subject to economic visibility. 

Actually I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox started leaking some pursuit information to counteract some of the bad information.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Lay off Adam guys. One thing to consider: if Al’s is fake than Portillos is too. They have co-signed each other. Followed each other and retweeted each other.

I actually think Portillo’s is legit. He had been tweeting for several months until people discovered him. Al’s is pretty clearly full of BS though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Lay off Adam guys. One thing to consider: if Al’s is fake than Portillos is too. They have co-signed each other. Followed each other and retweeted each other.

Same with Not Cishek, who this entire board hates. They’re all the same person IMO

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I actually think Portillo’s is legit. He had been tweeting for several months until people discovered him. Al’s is pretty clearly full of BS though.

Why would portillos endorse both Cishek and Al’s ?

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

That I don’t know but if you go to Portillo’s page, he’s been tweeting accurate info for quite some time.

I agree. I also think Portillos is someone to take seriously. Jury is out on Al’s in my opinion only because of the Portillos co-sign. Unless he has tricked Portillos as well. Still interesting to see what he tweets until he’s proven wrong.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1

I actually think that Al’s is getting his information from Portillos because you can tell from his tweets that he’s working off of what Portillos is saying. See tweet below as an example. However, Portillos did beg to differ with one of Al’s tweets so maybe they have different sources and one is accurate and the other one is not. That’s why I don’t know how anyone can say for certain right now that one is fake and the other one is not until we find out what happens after this offseason. 

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ok.  So sign one of Bauer and Springer. 

If you sign Bauer, supplement with Joc/JBJ + Quintana.

If you sign Springer, supplement with two of Tanaka/Quintana/Paxton/Walker/Odorizzi/Minor.  Or trade for a SP that doesn't require creating a hole in the 21-27 lineup like moving any of Madrigal/Vaughn/Kopech/Cease/Dunning/Crochet would do.  

The Sox don't have to trade major prospects to put a championship level team on the field in 2021.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I actually think that Al’s is getting his information from Portillos because you can tell from his tweets that he’s working off of what Portillos is saying. See tweet below as an example. However, Portillos did beg to differ with one of Al’s tweets so maybe they have different sources and one is accurate and the other one is not. That’s why I don’t know how anyone can say for certain right now that one is fake and the other one is not until we find out what happens after this offseason. 

Was this in response to Katz or a player?

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Springer to Mets makes the LEAST amoount of sense. I never understand the mets.

Conforto, Nimmo, McNeil, Smith.. they have OF galore.

They want a better defensive outfielder. I have a feeling they trade Nimmo and Rosario for Lindor.

• bmags locked this topic