Offseason Targets

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m not deleting my post with Portillos tweet so if you guys don’t like it than oh well so be it. 

Keep doing you Adam. Your posts bring the only conversation had on this board lol. Those burners are entertaining if nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m not deleting my post with Portillos tweet so if you guys don’t like it than oh well so be it. 

Keep posting. I find it interesting. And thanks for doing this.

Edited by smellysox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I'm not asking you delete it. I'm just going to give people shit about retweeting account called PortillosHamburger. Might as well throw out tweets from Incarceratedbob and Alex Jones too while where at it. Maybe he's going some insight into the White Sox offseason. 

Do you know Portillos Hamburger’s track record? Better than most insiders we deem as reliable.

9 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m not deleting my post with Portillos tweet so if some of you guys don’t like it than oh well so be it. 

I could be wrong, but I think it's the asking them here to tweet specific phrases like "bark twice if you're in Milwaukee" or w.e. that may be bothering some people. I'm enjoying the conversation that is being drum up since there's nothing else (positive) really to discuss at the moment. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Nobody talk unless you can see the future.

I'm sorry I'm voicing some concern at two twitter accounts named after food/restaurants with unverifiable information so far. Damn me for questioning things. Since the rumor mill has started up this offseason what information on his timeline has been backed up any of the national guys so far? Genuinely curious and please let me know if I'm missing something. 

Edited by Baron
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm sorry I'm voicing some concern at two twitter accounts named after food/restaurants with unverifiable information so far. Damn me for questioning things.

The thing is we don’t know if for certain if these two accounts are for real or they are fake. The only information we have is they are connected to Not Steve Cishek and the notion is because they are connected to him, we automatically think all of them are fake because of what happened during the trade deadline. Harold also thinks they are idiots and he’s not going to comment on there tweets but does he have solid evidence to back it up or has actually come out and said they are not legit. I mean an actual source that these guys are not legit?

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm sorry I'm voicing some concern at two twitter accounts named after food/restaurants with unverifiable information so far. Damn me for questioning things. Since the rumor mill has started up this offseason what information on his timeline has been backed up any of the national guys so far? Genuinely curious and please let me know if I'm missing something. 

We are all here on a message board where this type of stuff has happened for years.  I think we all know that there is a fair chance it might be made up.   This is a surprise to exactly no one.  its the off season.  This happens.

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

The thing is we don’t know if for certain if these two accounts are for real or they are fake. The only information we have is they are connected to Not Steve Cishek and the notion is because they are connected to him, we automatically think all of them are fake because of what happened during the trade deadline. We have to wait and see what plays out in the offseason to get a better sense if they are legit or not. Harold also thinks they are idiots and he’s not going to comment on there tweets but does he solid evidence and I mean an actual source that these guys are not legit? I would like to know.

Well here's the thing. Being wrong in a big way like that often hurts credibility a tad. Even if that was my sole motivation for being skeptical here it would be a good one. Just looking at the body of work between the two I don't see anything ground breaking or repeated by others in the past few weeks. That's going to raise an eyebrow or two. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

We are all here on a message board where this type of stuff has happened for years.  I think we all know that there is a fair chance it might be made up.   This is a surprise to exactly no one.  its the off season.  This happens.

Come on. This forum dives headfirst into rumors with no possibility of skepticism. Remember Dan Clark and Manny? Shit I was even guilty of that.

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Well here's the thing. Being wrong in a big way like that often hurts credibility a tad. Even if that was my sole motivation for being skeptical here it would be a good one. Just looking at the body of work between the two I don't see anything ground breaking or repeated by others in the past few weeks. That's going to raise an eyebrow or two. 

Look, I could be wrong too but I’m actually enjoying it. We are usually never considered or perceived to be this active in free agency.

Taking rumors from twitter accounts named after fast food restraunts is absolutely moronic. 

With that being said, finding a way to talk about players to acquire in the offseason is not.... so... lets rock with it for now and laugh at the accounts when their dead wrong. 

and in between it all, have some baseball analysis :)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jimenez. 

I would call both Sheets and Burger also being guys who an average team would consider as viable prospects to man a DH or 1B job. Both were high draft prospects for the white sox and were scouted by other organizations. Burger's problem has been season canceling injuries but he was considered one of the best hitting prospects in his draft class. As for Sheets, he has had a good climb through the organization but with the log-jam in front of hims with the Sox he might either be trade material or having an outfield job in his future. He has enormous left handed hitting power potential.

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic