Charlie Haeger wanted for murder, found dead of self-inflicted gunshot

Jose Abreu

1 hour ago, BRDSR said:

Good grief.  Stay classy, Sox fans.

Anything else, and I’d agree with you. But for an abuser/stalker (she wanted a restraining order so I’ll make this assumption) who kills his ex girlfriend for having the audacity to break up with him? Yep. Handle this yourself and prevent us from having to do it for you.

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

*psycho ex ballplayer murders innocent woman, riles up baseball fans*

BRDSR:  WE MUST HAVE DECORUM, YOUR COMMENTS WERE UNSAVORY SIR.

When the comment was made, Haeger was “wanted” on “suspicion” of committing a crime, and the appropriate response is to wish suicide for him?  Come on.  

I’m an attorney in the military and did criminal defense for 5 years.  I take our Constitutional protections seriously.  Comments like the one at issue are narrow-minded, ignorant, and downright dangerous under the wrong circumstances.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, BRDSR said:

When the comment was made, Haeger was “wanted” on “suspicion” of committing a crime, and the appropriate response is to wish suicide for him?  Come on.  

I’m an attorney in the military and did criminal defense for 5 years.  I take our Constitutional protections seriously.  Comments like the one at issue are narrow-minded, ignorant, and downright dangerous under the wrong circumstances.

There was never any “suspicion” he did it, he was caught doing it and fled. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, T R U said:

There was never any “suspicion” he did it, he was caught doing it and fled. 

I’m quoting the article.

Again, that constitutional protection about innocent until proven guilty comes to mind.  I’m certain you would all want it if under “suspicion.”  

Not going to comment again, as this is not a topic for Sox Talk.  PM me if interested in a discussion on the topic.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BRDSR said:

Good grief.  Stay classy, Sox fans.

With less information about this story, I wouldn’t have said that. Haeger killed an ex-girlfriend that was being harassed by him. There was a witness that knew he did it. Haeger took off after he murdered her. And as it turns out, he was dead before I posted that. So was it a little harsh of me? Yes. But under all of these circumstances, his days as a free man were over. And these assholes that kill women “because if I can’t have her, nobody will”, don’t deserve to live.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

A lot of what you say is true, Flavum, but still, what is the matter with just letting the facts play out, and they will.  You don't know everything, nor does anyone else here.  At one time many of you wanted to string up the Duke soccer team.  Then there was a collective "Oops."  At least two people are dead, and probably a lot of others are affected a lot more than you are.  Let the dust settle.  

Yea, there was possibly a lot nobody here knew. How do we know what kind of person she was? Maybe she was harassing him and he came over to discuss and she pulled a gun on him and in a struggle she was shot?

how about the guy roommate that was there? What’s his role in this? 

there was so much nobody here knew and to act like a sub human is pretty ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, runtheballdown said:

Yea, there was possibly a lot nobody here knew. How do we know what kind of person she was? Maybe she was harassing him and he came over to discuss and she pulled a gun on him and in a struggle she was shot?

how about the guy roommate that was there? What’s his role in this? 

there was so much nobody here knew and to act like a sub human is pretty ridiculous.

I get the innocent before proven guilty angle, but c’mon man. She was trying to get a restraining order against him. She is dead in her bedroom. He was seem coming out of her bedroom with a gun. He went to the Grand Canyon and shot himself. We aren’t a jury. This is pretty obvious. Your sympathy is misguided. It should be toward the victim.

if she were harassing him,why would he go over to her home.Why would he follow her to her bedroom? Charlie didn’t have the guts to face the consequences of his actions.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just because Haeger may be a scumbag who harassed and eventually murdered a woman, doesn't mean suicide comments are ok.

Sure, you may think he deserves to die, I won't even argue that. But a lot of INNOCENT people die because of suicide. People experiencing depression or other problems.

So making light of suicide with a comment like that is not cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

RIP my internet baseball forum / twitter identity. What random obscure AAAA Sox player can I pick now....

Charlie Hough?  I know he's not random or obscure. And not a AAAA Sox player either. But he's got the Knuckles. 

Edited by smellysox