White Sox Post Very Strong Viewership Numbers in 2020

bmags

forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2020/10/04/mlb-sees-local-tv-and-streaming-viewership-up-over-4-for-2020/#6985d3d63dac

In terms of the largest average viewership increase, the Chicago White Sox led the way with growth of 136% (90,708, compared with 36,040 in 2019), followed by the Oakland A’s, up 108% (44,257, compared with 21,232 last year);

Sox outdrew Boston Red Sox, Washington Nationals and Cardinals in viewership. Hopefully Todd Ankin had to pay up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Blows away NBA ratings (if accurate)

I do have to say, averaging basically a 3.0 seems unlikely (so does toronto averaging 200k viewers(?)

Forbes is a lot of trash but we have no where else to turn.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Luis Robert  being a high profile, potential once in a lifetime player helps as does a winning team after years of losing. Hope both Robert and the team get the support from management that allows them both to flourish.

For what it's worth... women LOVE Luis Robert. I see a lot of my twitter followers posting pics of him and and asking who he is.

10 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

For what it's worth... women LOVE Luis Robert. I see a lot of my twitter followers posting pics of him and and asking who he is.

The kid has got the world at his feet right now. I hope if he needed humbling that the late season slump did that. It always helps for a young player to have his head on straight.  This is where I worry about Moncada. Was he being irresponsible in his life which could be why he got Covid ? Does he neglect the fact that his talent alone will not benefit him unless he also works hard and lives a smart structured life ? If there was a lesson to be learned I hope he learned it and doesn't forget it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lostfan said:

I watched all or part of probably 90% of the games this season, I haven't done anything like that in years. Like I think 2008 was probably the last time I did.

Yeah I didn't have a TV in 2012 so last team I really loved and watched was the 2010 team which was a really fun team until that manny ramirez trade.

7 hours ago, jaws7575 said:

You a good poster and know the game  but we have no clue how he caught the virus . It could have been easy as standing next to the wrong person at the wrong . I just hope he recovers 100 percent by next spring.

I was just speculating. There were reports he was in a seedy bar in Indiana prior to coming to camp by a person on this board . If you wear a mask chances of catching Covid are extremely small.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

On 10/5/2020 at 11:21 AM, bmags said:

I do have to say, averaging basically a 3.0 seems unlikely (so does toronto averaging 200k viewers(?)

Forbes is a lot of trash but we have no where else to turn.

Toronto is the largest tv market in mlb, no? Third largest city population, but also almost every game is available nationwide via basic cable SportsNet. 

On 10/5/2020 at 9:23 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully this pays off in advertising and is able to help the Sox spend this winter.

I'm getting tired of the AT&T houseguest slob in the bathtub. More ad money would help, but we need butts in the seats and eating Polishes with grilled onions.

Eloy is my favorite player because of his positive attitude, his demeanor, and his appreciation for key moments in a game where he excels at serving up dramatic game winning hits and home runs. Add to that the fact that he is the Cub Killer, and he loves loves that role.