Callis prospect report from ATS

southsider2k5

I liked the trade. Rutherford was like  20  at the time and a year removed from being a first round pick plus some ranked him even in the top100. 

He also did not bad before the trade, hitting really well in 2016 in rookie ball and OK in A ball before the trade (281, 113 wrc+). 

There were some warts too of course, he was an older Hs kid at 19 and had a swing that needed adjustments for power output but if you get a 20 yo HS draftee who has hit in his first year and is supposed to have raw power potential for a pair of relievers and an aging third baseman I think you need to do it. 

It seems like it didn't work out but he very well could have become a. 280 hitter with 25 Homers (still would not totally rule that out) if the Sox manage to improve his swing a little. 

It's a typical trade with the yankees. They sent out how much talent that summer? I know the As package was ravaged by injuries but kaprellian was an injury risk at time, obviously the sox ruined that outfielder, and now mateo was shipped out and never matched his speed. Clarkin busted, rutherford hit his ceiling at age 20, and tito polo was always a longer shot.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

It's a typical trade with the yankees. They sent out how much talent that summer? I know the As package was ravaged by injuries but kaprellian was an injury risk at time, obviously the sox ruined that outfielder, and now mateo was shipped out and never matched his speed. Clarkin busted, rutherford hit his ceiling at age 20, and tito polo was always a longer shot.

Rutherford was a fine centerpiece.  My issue with the trade had always been that the supporting pieces were essentially junk.. 

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Rutherford was a fine centerpiece.  My issue with the trade had always been that the supporting pieces were essentially junk.. 

disagree and many here disagreed at time, but it doesn't really matter anymore.

1 hour ago, Dominikk85 said:

I liked the trade. Rutherford was like  20  at the time and a year removed from being a first round pick plus some ranked him even in the top100. 

He also did not bad before the trade, hitting really well in 2016 in rookie ball and OK in A ball before the trade (281, 113 wrc+). 

There were some warts too of course, he was an older Hs kid at 19 and had a swing that needed adjustments for power output but if you get a 20 yo HS draftee who has hit in his first year and is supposed to have raw power potential for a pair of relievers and an aging third baseman I think you need to do it. 

It seems like it didn't work out but he very well could have become a. 280 hitter with 25 Homers (still would not totally rule that out) if the Sox manage to improve his swing a little. 

Hopefully the reports about him tapping into his power are accurate and carry through to next year.  If he emerges, that will be a huge shot in the arm.