ALCS- Rays vs Astros

flavum

Rays up 5-2, Bottom 9th with 1 out. 2 men on with Altuve up to bat, 2-2 count. Altuve checks his swing and clearly doesn't go, would be easily verified by the 1st base umpire. The home plate umpire (Jeff Nelson) doesn't even ask the first base umpire, he just calls it a strike.

I get missing strikes and balls, but how the hell do you not ask the 1st base umpire for help on a close check swing call? Just irresponsible. I'm sick of these umpires. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Rays up 5-2, Bottom 9th with 1 out. 2 men on with Altuve up to bat, 2-2 count. Altuve checks his swing and clearly doesn't go, would be easily verified by the 1st base umpire. The home plate umpire (Jeff Nelson) doesn't even ask the first base umpire, he just calls it a strike.

I get missing strikes and balls, but how the hell do you not ask the 1st base umpire for help on a close check swing call? Just irresponsible. I'm sick of these umpires. 

... It's the Astros. I'll give the umps a pass there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flavum said:

Once again, Go Rays!  If they lose, it's the last game I watch this year. 

Second time in history a 3-0 lead went to a Game 7.

And we know what happened last time...

Cash overmanaged last night. It's all hindsight, but Snell should not have been taken out at 80 pitches. It's not like he gave up rockets to the 2 guys he let on base. Snell himself was like "WTF are we doing?". Castillo didn't have it and the Astros have probably seen him enough this series to hit him well. 

23 hours ago, chw42 said:

And we know what happened last time...

Cash overmanaged last night. It's all hindsight, but Snell should not have been taken out at 80 pitches. It's not like he gave up rockets to the 2 guys he let on base. Snell himself was like "WTF are we doing?". Castillo didn't have it and the Astros have probably seen him enough this series to hit him well. 

And in game seven he pulled the starter too early IMO. Of course the reliever stranded the two runners and it all worked out. But in theory the bullpen was taxed and the starter was doing well still.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:35 PM, yesterday333 said:

Is this person on soxtalk cuz this is hilarious. 

On 10/15/2020 at 2:29 PM, hi8is said:

I thought he must be! An out of towner wearing Sox gear to a ALCS game in San Diego... if he doesn't post on ST we must find him.

Tim Kanter are you here ? Someone see if he has a twitter or Instagram and invite him to join.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside