Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager

southsider2k5

10 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

NBCS calling it the 'end of season' press conference makes me think we won't hear any big news.

I agree. Would there be coaching staff changes? Who are you going to can after 2020? Maybe Coop retires, that's it, and why retire when things are just about to go really well.  I think RR has better job security than anyone posting on this board who isn't self employed.

Besides, if it was a big change, chances are it would have leaked by now.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 2

Let's be realistic, JR, who has kept people like Boylen & Ventura around way too long, a guy who has an extreme track record of being loyal (I mean, KW still has his job) is not going to fire the manager who led the Sox to the playoffs for the first time in a dozen years -- in a year where expectations were 82-88 wins  (albeit 162 game season) and we had a top record in AL for a hot second. If you think that's the presser today? no way. 

I think it's much more likely to be Hahn lawyer talk. The biggest news we'll get is Hahn saying we're not spending because of Covid. That we won't be aggressive. There is a better likelihood the Sox open with Mazara in RF and with Quintana/some other inning filler in our rotation, ricky at the helm than with a new manager, bauer, and a shiny new RF toy. I'm not sure where the optimism comes on this board ... the sox have had the same game plan for decades and this presser is going to be fluff..

I hope i'm wrong on all the above. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm expecting a record for most words used to say noting.  

He would only be breaking his own record. He is a master at it. I swear, I know it is going to happen, and when he is done, I think I just learned a shitload. Then about 15 minutes later, I realize what he told me everyone already knew.

I really think if we were firing people it would have been done right after the season just like we always have.  Why wait a week and a half?  I know the presser is a bit late, but I think that is more due to the pandemic than the Sox having replacements in place or something strange for them.  After their most successful season in a dozen years, I don't see them making any real top level changes.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really think if we were firing people it would have been done right after the season just like we always have.  Why wait a week and a half?  I know the presser is a bit late, but I think that is more due to the pandemic than the Sox having replacements in place or something strange for them.  After their most successful season in a dozen years, I don't see them making any real top level changes.

Idiot^

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

• knightni changed the title to Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
  • knightni pinned this topic
  • Tony unpinned this topic