Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. Would there be coaching staff changes? Who are you going to can after 2020? Maybe Coop retires, that's it, and why retire when things are just about to go really well.  I think RR has better job security than anyone posting on this board who isn't self employed.

Besides, if it was a big change, chances are it would have leaked by now.

I better start looking for jobs. Haha... I didn’t see him getting fired either.

I feel legit terrible for Ricky. I wanted him gone but imagine how devastated he must be that this happened again. Two weeks before the season ended, Hahn said Rick deserved to be here enjoying the success. Rick literally lost his job because of the last 13 games of this season. This being said, if you want to be a champion, you cannot have this kind of managing going on. We need to go get a real winner and not some wannabe. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow. His managing down the stretch and in the Oakland series was so objectively head-scratchingly bad, it was like a death wish. Think back to when they clinched and Hahn said all that stuff about how the Cubs treated Rickey. 100% believe he lost his job in a 3 week stretch.

• Like 1

This is the strongest signal yet that "business as usual" is over in the JR orgs.  The bulls moves were another strong signal but this is the strongest yet as there are a lot of reasons "on paper" you could keep Rick.  But this is 100% the right move Rick was holding this club back from its WS title hopes.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

Sandy makes a TON of sense, that's a great call

I’ve heard the critics against an Alomar move, albeit in a smaller role he made some questionable decisions in filling in for Francona. I don’t know if he’s the answer, plus the Sox interviewed him once already 

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
  • knightni pinned this topic
  • Tony unpinned this topic