Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager

southsider2k5

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

lol.

No comment on your desire to constantly defend Ricky....when clearly even this FO had lost total faith? 

I never constantly felt the need to defend anyone. He managed game 3 badly and is paying the price. 

Ricky being fired is fine. He wasn't the reason the sox didn't win, and he did a nice job with the young guys, but the sox didn't think he gave them the best chance to win in the big spot. they would know that better than anyone given that they know the directives he was given.

The insinuation that because I hold the players at majority fault 99.9% for failures means I endlessly supported renteria is nonsense. This boards never ending negativity in game threads wasnt rational or reasonable because he got fired. It was still overreactive nonsense where people blamed the manager for damn near 50% of the losses.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Honestly, my guess is Hinch is the favorite right now, and the Sox are giving the nugget to Bob to float it to the fans, gage response. 

Aside from the cheating, there was bad blood between Hinch/his family and the Sox from when they drafted him as an amateur.  Generally, JR holds a grudge.  I'd be surprised if it was Hinch.

Edited by Timmy U

• knightni changed the title to Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
  • knightni pinned this topic
  • Tony unpinned this topic