Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager

southsider2k5

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I missed the James McCann stuff, but it seemed to be hinted that they expected him to be gone.

Hahn sung his praises but it didn't sound like he was optimistic that he would be back.  Said they would continue to make it clear how much the appreciate him.

15 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Good:

1. Crotchet 100% healthy
  2. Ricky is being fired
  3. ”Team will be aggressive coming off playoff appearance”

Bad:

1. Crotchet needs TJS
  2. Ricky is being extended
  3. ”Team will need to be conservative in wake of COVID”

Good:

✔️ Crotchet 100% healthy

✔️ Ricky is being fired

”Team will be aggressive coming off playoff appearance”

The first two were the ones I really cared about but for 3 we did get some answers in both directions, will be interesting to see what happens this offseason. 

• Love 1

Kopech has been connected with MiLB coaches to work on his program going forward.  Has stayed connected to team, even recommending a hire for the team who had been let go by another organization.  Will be tough to over come missing two years, and building up going forward, but no question he is a part of the team going forward. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Absence of a minor league season does make it harder to project Vaughn going forward.

Honestly, with like a month of pro ball under his belt, I wouldn't be shocked if they signed a DH to a one year deal. Or a guy, for example, Brantly or Brent Gardner if his option is declined, to DH and play some LF.

Edited by soxfan2014

• knightni changed the title to Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
2 minutes ago, Nokona said:

Crochet may be the long man in the pen next year, depending on how the minor leagues look next year.  Maybe late year call up to manage workload.  

Yep got the feeling he will be our Hader from a few years ago the next few seasons 

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Honestly, with like a month of pro ball under his belt, I wouldn't be shocked if they signed a DH to a one year deal. Or a guy, for example, Brantly or Brent Gardner if his option is declined, to DH and play some LF.

Brantley + a RF acquisition would be ideal.  

8 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yeah...I was actually trying to point out that experienced managers are not going to be saddled with existing coaches.  Girardi was a poor example but given that the Phillies have a new GM...you never know.  Since we now know that Coop is out...the point is moot.

I follow now, got it

• Tony unpinned this topic