Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Many people will disagree and that's fine, but if Crochet turns out to be Josh Hader...I'm totally fine with that coming from our first round pick. Hader is more than just a bullpen arm, he's a game changer out of the pen. 

It could well mean that the starting pitching is good enough to put him in that roll, which would be incredible.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Brantley + a RF acquisition would be ideal.  

That would be sick. Go with Brantley in a LF/DH role (getting Eloy out of the OF more) and a platoon in RF? I guess if Vaughn demolishes the pitching in the minors and whoever they get for RF isn't hitting, you could release that guy and move Brantley to RF at some point.

1 minute ago, Bad Hombre said:

Agreed. And that last question/answer about the new manager not required to be a Spanish speaker leads me to believe Hinch is their man. 

It could only be Hinch or Cora. Hinch wasn't as bad of a cheater than Cora, but he should have stopped it. Cora was a ringleader. Supposedly, Hinch does speak a little Spanish.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It could only be Hinch or Cora. Hinch wasn't as bad of a cheater than Cora, but he should have stopped it. Cora was a ringleader. Supposedly, Hinch does speak a little Spanish.

My gut is telling me Hinch's positive track record has him as a leading candidate for the job. This is shaping up to be a fun offseason for the Sox

Ricky getting the boot is what really makes this season feel like a success to me. 

Now all we really need is a new manager, a few acquisitions and a little luck and I can actually be optimistic for next season.

If I wasn't at work I'd crack a bottle.

• Like 3

Sounded like Hahn reluctantly admitted he would like McCann back.....but at the right  price.  McCann and other guys who are FA now are going to get screwed because the market for them is not going to be what it may have been pre-pandemic. On the other hand, that fact may help the Sox sign McCann, Bauer or other FAs  for a reduced price. 

Looking back, you probably have to figure Ricky was in trouble once Steve Stone started criticizing him. Stoney obviously knew something.  Then Ozzie did it, although he was a bit more restrained. The Big Hurt blasted him.  So you have all that, it was probably a pretty good sign. When our Chuck got involved, it was a done deal.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't believe you still have hurt feelings over needing to be told that posting the word poop over and over and over and over again isn't something people want to see on a message board.

None. I think it’s comical.

• Tony unpinned this topic