Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

JR doesn't respond to my letters anymore. He use to respond to me, not anymore.   Its really a shame  because I've really made some good suggestions about improving the White Sox but  like  I said he doesn't respond to my letters anymore.

When he used to respond - what was his response? I'm curious whether Jerry truly responded or if one of his handlers did.  

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Between this and Bob’s article, it’s pretty safe to assume that Cora won’t get the job. It has to be Hinch. Everyone is hinting at him and he is the only candidate (besides La Russa) that hasn’t been shot down one way or another. 

Cora probably won't get the job because he was the ring leader of the cheating. Hinch can argue he was a much lesser influence on the cheating and did not agree with it. Which makes him wrong for not manning the ship, but i think the GM was in on it as well, so his hands were tied. 

57 minutes ago, Capital G said:

us losing game 3, if we play this well, may be a blessing.

lets be honest, had we gotten by Hou no way we beat the Rays.

if we won game 3 and lost to hou or TB I have a feeling RR and Coop stay.

I agree with this. They could have been forgiven for blowing the division if they proved to be successful in the playoffs, which are more important. Houston would have beaten us in 4, but I think the narrative would have changed with a playoff series victory. I do think Hahn wanted Ricky gone based on how Stone was talking. He just couldn't fire him if we were too successful. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Sox already have an agreement with Hinch but can't announce it because of his suspension and have to fake interview a couple of minority candidates.

Things were just too telegraphed towards him yesterday.

This, and I believe DK is the link between the two sides. The FO can't talk to Hinch, but DK can. 

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

This, and I believe DK is the link between the two sides. The FO can't talk to Hinch, but DK can. 

This is sorta what I thought yesterday too. No chance that RH contacted Hinch directly, but I'm near certain that the mutual interest has been communicated by both sides through some convoluted game of Telephone.

3 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

This is sorta what I thought yesterday too. No chance that RH contacted Hinch directly, but I'm near certain that the mutual interest has been communicated by both sides through some convoluted game of Telephone.

Didn’t Stoney admit he talked to Hinch lately

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Sox already have an agreement with Hinch but can't announce it because of his suspension and have to fake interview a couple of minority candidates.

Things were just too telegraphed towards him yesterday.

Yep seems like a done deal to me with what Hahn and Stoney have said

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

When he used to respond - what was his response? I'm curious whether Jerry truly responded or if one of his handlers did.  

It depended on the subject. He sometimes  responded and other times Rob Gallas  responded.  The last few years I haven't received any type of response from him. Whenever possible I will continue to write him. Hopefully i will get a response.

Edited by WBWSF

52 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m sure this is 100% true.  We saw way too many decisions this year that were clearly based on gut and completely back-fired.  And if we saw it, you know Hahn & KW saw it as well.

27 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And if we saw it, you know Hahn & KW saw it as well.

Can’t even begin to imagine how irate they were in the last 10 days of the year... more so than how upset we all were, certainly.

That’s saying a lot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

If true, which I also believe it is, it’s a big story IMO. It’s a total change of the guard from the Sox FO, finally embracing data and the state of baseball in 2020, and wanting a coaching staff that feels the same way. 

Means we should also stop even thinking about Bochy.

All signs point to Hinch.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

If true, which I also believe it is, it’s a big story IMO. It’s a total change of the guard from the Sox FO, finally embracing data and the state of baseball in 2020, and wanting a coaching staff that feels the same way. 

I believe the last 2 drafts supports that theory . Do you agree?  The direction of this franchise is a breath of fresh air and very exciting in my opinion. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The fact McCann never faced Berrios this season probably cemented it as much as anything. 

At some point in late September Grandal should have been moved to full time DH and McCann every day catcher and Collins should have been brought up.  

The series in Cleveland sealed the deal for me. I didn’t like Ricky all that much from a on-field standpoint even before then, but bringing in Ruiz and then Rodon in critical games was the final straw. It was some of the worst managing I have ever seen, it’s like he was trying to lose his job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The series in Cleveland sealed the deal for me. I didn’t like Ricky all that much from a on-field standpoint even before then, but bringing in Ruiz and then Rodon in critical games was the final straw. It was some of the worst managing I have ever seen, it’s like he was trying to lose his job. 

And Gio Gonzalez...

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Or maybe he knew he was gone already

• Tony unpinned this topic