Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

Can't help but feel like Cease & ReyLo flopping lead to Coop's exit.

That's gotta be a part of it. I mean, go back and look at how good ReyLo was with the Nationals. And look how badly he's regressed in the 4 years since. That should not happen. 

• Thanks 2

This is everything I thought they were incapable of. I thought for sure Mazara would be back, Renteria would be back, Cooper would be back. They went to the playoffs and Mazara had COVID but was doing better right at the end so why not? Respect the pedigree and don't be edgy! So color me very impressed.

I don't really have any preferences for who takes over these positions, but I see Jirschele getting a lot of love here. Why's that? (Not challenging it, just don't know anything about the guy- what suggests he'd be a great candidate for the bigs?)

Finally get the pandemic economics question

Was happy they got to bring fans some enjoyment by playing the games.  Credits everyone in organization for what they did to make it happen and what is brought to fans.  Then mentions they are immune from what is going on because of pandemic.  Calls them macroeconomic issues.  Mentions $3 billion loss in MLB.  No one knows what season will look like next spring.  Hopeful that season happens normal next year, but no one knows it.  Dealing with reality of losses and uncertainty going forward.  Doesn't know what impact will be going forward.  Wants to see what market looks like and plays out.  Will factor in to how they make moves, not just white sox thing, but a baseball situation.

Did Put themselves into a good economic situation going foward, but will see how much those have to change.

• knightni changed the title to Hahn presser 11am Monday - Renteria Out as Manager
20 minutes ago, poppysox said:

For sure if Gerardi gets the job... he absolutely is picking his own staff.  A young guy like Jirschele might have to swallow a Coop but the top tier guys will insist on picking their own people.

Girardi?   He is busy in Philly, my man 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Girardi?   He is busy in Philly, my man 

Yeah...I was actually trying to point out that experienced managers are not going to be saddled with existing coaches.  Girardi was a poor example but given that the Phillies have a new GM...you never know.  Since we now know that Coop is out...the point is moot.

• knightni changed the title to Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
  • Tony unpinned this topic