Hinch a leading candidate for Sox mgr job

Tony

I will say this about Hinch...

Out of all the Trashtros he was the only one that I saw as sincere in being contrite. He did seem to really be sorrowful and regretted not taking more leadership while being complicit.

That said, he certainly was not completely honest. Of all the players and all the other Trashtros coaches and officials, Hinch was really the most repentant.

Just now, steveno89 said:

World Series champion. 

Highly questionable assertion in my opinion. But I do believe in second chances and feel Hinch deserves one.

Cora, can’t get on board with. Think some of the players should have been banned for life too.

Just now, steveno89 said:

I think Hinch gets the job. Great track record of success with Astros. World Series champion. 

Would be a huge hire for the organization

If you’re ok hiring a manager fired for cheating—by a cheating organization—that’s your business.  I don’t want to touch that with a ten-foot pole, especially with this org’s history.

Thoughts:

Keep your thoughts consistent. There's going to be a lot of posters who shit on hiring one of the three guys associated with the cheating, but if hired, will be big fans. Just keep it consistent. 

My thoughts are I'd take any of those three, but would prefer someone else. I don't much care about the cheating angle much, but would rather stay away from it. 

** This also goes for George Springer.. either be for him or against. Don't be wishy washy if we sign Hinch & Springer

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Thoughts:

Keep your thoughts consistent. There's going to be a lot of posters who shit on hiring one of the three guys associated with the cheating, but if hired, will be big fans. Just keep it consistent. 

My thoughts are I'd take any of those three, but would prefer someone else. I don't much care about the cheating angle much, but would rather stay away from it. 

** This also goes for George Springer.. either be for him or against. Don't be wishy washy if we sign Hinch & Springer

Must say I’ve never been instructed by another person as to how to organize my “thoughts”, but thanks for the input.

I'm sure Keuchel would vouch for Hinch. Maybe that gives us a leg up on Springer too?

I guess I don't know how much Hinch had to do with the cheating - if he really just let it happen and tried to turn a blind eye I'm ok with that. Sometimes you need to learn harsh lessons.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

I'm sure Keuchel would vouch for Hinch. Maybe that gives us a leg up on Springer too?

I guess I don't know how much Hinch had to do with the cheating - if he really just let it happen and tried to turn a blind eye I'm ok with that. Sometimes you need to learn harsh lessons.

If we have gotten to this point, and Hinch really is a candidate, I promise you that Dallas was a part of the process.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

If we have gotten to this point, and Hinch really is a candidate, I promise you that Dallas was a part of the process.

I'm sure. If this was pre-cheating scandal I'd be incredibly pumped to turn into the Astros central. Let's just stay away from Cora and Beltran.

12 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

So some are ok with Dallas Keuchel but not Hinch? 

Yeah, I don't really get that. Maybe people aren't too familiar with the details of the scandal, but Hinch is the one who was bothered by the plan and even destroyed a monitor to discourage them from continuing. It was really Cora's operation. The only move I would be opposed to the Sox making for moral reasons would be if they wanted to acquire an Aroldis Chapman or Roberto Osuna. If you ask me, that kind of character issue is what teams should really be avoiding.

45 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

If you’re ok hiring a manager fired for cheating—by a cheating organization—that’s your business.  I don’t want to touch that with a ten-foot pole, especially with this org’s history.

I believe in giving second chances. 

It is difficult to argue that any other candidate out there has a stronger track record though. 

It is interesting what someone posted earlier that signing AJ Hinch probably ends any Bauer talk, and maybe the White Sox think that is just as well. As great as he has pitched, he does have his warts. Maybe the Sox don't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. This gets them off the hook for being too cheap to give him hundreds of millions of dollars, and they upgrade the dugout.

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Must say I’ve never been instructed by another person as to how to organize my “thoughts”, but thanks for the input.

You are welcome. 

The message board is full of fake outrage and fake accolades mixed in with a whole bunch of mind changing and not owning up to bad takes.