Hinch a leading candidate for Sox mgr job

Tony

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It is interesting what someone posted earlier that signing AJ Hinch probably ends any Bauer talk, and maybe the White Sox think that is just as well. As great as he has pitched, he does have his warts. Maybe the Sox don't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole. This gets them off the hook for being too cheap to give him hundreds of millions of dollars, and they upgrade the dugout.

If Bauer is really this mad, he wouldn't sign here because of DK. I think if we offer Bauer good money and a chance to win in a world class city, he will come around. 

9 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

You are welcome. 

The message board is full of fake outrage and fake accolades mixed in with a whole bunch of mind changing and not owning up to bad takes. 

I am still furious about that Mazara acquisition and I told everyone here that was a bad trade...Also I may or may not remember being really happy about the Sox drafting Burger.  

16 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

You will probably feel better after a few titles. 

No I won't. Don't hire cheaters !!!!! Never. 

I don't care how many titles. If you cheat, it means you're admitting you're not good enough to win without cheating. 

To the Belichick guy who made the comparison, I would rather go 0 and 16 than 16 and 0 with a known cheater like Belichick. 

There is zero pride in cheater, zero. Any success done with cheating is not real and you the person that cheated knows it more than anyone. Again, you're admitting you can't win without cheating. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Ugh, fuck both these cheaters.  It's a shame this wasn't a top down house cleaning.  Hahn shouldn't have yet another opportunity to pick a manager.  It's even worse if these are the clowns he wants to choose.

LOL, last year at this time Hinch was a top 2 manager, maybe regarded as the best. If you don't believe he deserves a second chance and don't want that second chance with this team, your not bright. Get over your ideals. This is a big chance to land an elite manager who royally fucked up.

32 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

No I won't. Don't hire cheaters !!!!! Never. 

I don't care how many titles. If you cheat, it means you're admitting you're not good enough to win without cheating. 

To the Belichick guy who made the comparison, I would rather go 0 and 16 than 16 and 0 with a known cheater like Belichick. 

There is zero pride in cheater, zero. Any success done with cheating is not real and you the person that cheated knows it more than anyone. Again, you're admitting you can't win without cheating. 

So if the Sox hire Hinch and we win the next two titles, you won't be happy? Cheating is wrong and the Astros got what they deserved, but if Hinch has made ammends, and assures us it won't happen again under his watch, I don't see anything wrong with giving a guy another chance. 

43 minutes ago, wegner said:

I am still furious about that Mazara acquisition and I told everyone here that was a bad trade...Also I may or may not remember being really happy about the Sox drafting Burger.  

i said it wasn't worth giving McCann $5mm to be a backup catcher based on one half year. I still (actively) think Rodon will wear an all-star jersey one year. As long as you own your takes then have as many as you want! haha. I just get tired of people who shit on someone like Cora and then as soon as the Sox sign him, they'll go, "Awesome signing!, this shows we're in it to win it!" Or even to some degree the Keuchel signing. Like you either care about winning at all costs, or you don't. Just be man enough to admit it. Say I don't care that these guys made these poor decisions and I'm willing to give them a second chance since they're going to make me happy by winning ball games. But we don't need a bunch of Skip Bayless' 

2 minutes ago, Pal said:

LOL, last year at this time Hinch was a top 2 manager, maybe regarded as the best. If you don't believe he deserves a second chance and don't want that second chance with this team, your not bright. Get over your ideals. This is a big chance to land an elite manager who royally fucked up.

You're**

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pal said:

Lol at saying someone isn't bright but then posts "your not bright".  Ok man.  Thanks for the good laugh. 

He's elite?  How do you know that?  Real easy to look good when your team is rolling because they were cheating.  If he should get a second chance and wants to show how great of a manager he is, it should be on a team that isn't already at the doorstep.  He can go manage the fucking Pirates.  The 2020 Sox won games despite Ricky being at the helm.  Of fucking course they will make Hinch look better than he is.  Give me a fucking break.  Top two or best my ass.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

I believe in giving second chances. 

It is difficult to argue that any other candidate out there has a stronger track record though. 

Fully agree. I've had some rough stretches in my younger days, and have completely turned my life and career around because people were willing to give me second chances, and I've made them work.

And you know what, it's sports. I'm a fan of Chicago sports teams and we lose WAY too much. I will put some of my ethics and fake outrage aside and say he is the best candidate and can close a big hole with this team. If they win with him, it won't matter. I think Pats, Red Sox, and Yankees fans have a lot more fun watching their teams win most years and don't care what the national media/fans say about their scandals. Anyway, nobody cares about the White Sox outside of Chicago, so why should we care what they think?

Hinch is going to get hired. Would you rather he goes to Detroit and builds a rival back up into a contender and hold your moral high ground?

Nope, I'm tired of disappointment. Let's win!

46 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Lol at saying someone isn't bright but then posts "your not bright".  Ok man.  Thanks for the good laugh. 

He's elite?  How do you know that?  Real easy to look good when your team is rolling because they were cheating.  If he should get a second chance and wants to show how great of a manager he is, it should be on a team that isn't already at the doorstep.  He can go manage the fucking Pirates.  The 2020 Sox won games despite Ricky being at the helm.  Of fucking course they will make Hinch look better than he is.  Give me a fucking break.  Top two or best my ass.

You got me on you're. Now put the pearls down and tell me  a year ago he wasn't in a class of Francona and Melvin. Welcome to your idealistic opinion, but ***your*** take that he wasn't an elite manager is bad. Were you this full of vitriol watching every Keuchel start this year?

Edited by Pal
Edit

4 minutes ago, Pal said:

You got me on you're. Now put the pearls down and tell me  a year ago he wasn't in a class of Francona and Melvin. Welcome to your idealistic opinion, but ***your*** take that he wasn't an elite manager is bad. Were you this full of vitriol watching every Keuchel start this year?

Given what went down, there is no way he was, or currently still is, in the top consideration of best manager in the league.   He just isn't.  You know that view of him was propped up due to what his team was doing, which was cheating.  But fuck all, if it means winning a World Series, I mean, right?

Do you view the pitchers on the staff and the hitters that were cheating the exact same way?  We don't know what was said and done by those guys in the clubhouse.  But Keuchel wasn't the fucking ring leader of the cheating.  But hey, keep going.  Calling a cheater, a cheater is vitriol?  Ok man.  Go ahead and reply again, get it out of your system, but I'll be done replying to you.  So make sure you pull some good shit out.  Add a bunch of *** when you spell things right too.

28 minutes ago, Pal said:

Yeah he was bit he got there by cheating.... Next..

13 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Given what went down, there is no way he was, or currently still is, in the top consideration of best manager in the league.   He just isn't.  You know that view of him was propped up due to what his team was doing, which was cheating.  But fuck all, if it means winning a World Series, I mean, right?

Do you view the pitchers on the staff and the hitters that were cheating the exact same way?  We don't know what was said and done by those guys in the clubhouse.  But Keuchel wasn't the fucking ring leader of the cheating.  But hey, keep going.  Calling a cheater, a cheater is vitriol?  Ok man.  Go ahead and reply again, get it out of your system, but I'll be done replying to you.  So make sure you pull some good shit out.  Add a bunch of *** when you spell things right too.

Yes I view it all the same, coaches hitters, and pitchers. All aware so all guilty. The punishment for Hinch is served after the world series ends. In theory they would be a better team with Cora or Hinch if they are named manager. If one of them are, does your fandom hinge on that decision? And yes, fuck it all for a world series. I hoped when Hinch got fired over the winter that somehow the Sox could get him when things blew over. Feel the same now.