Cooper also out

Southwest Sider

The decisions are expected, but  the timing also gives it the air of a cathartic scapegoating w/o Hahn and  upper management taking responsibility.

GM  Hahn was also responsible for not fortifying the staring pitching, picking up Mazara , Encarcion and then staying with them all season .

Where was Hahn all season? He said nothing to Renteria?

He stuck Coop with 2 starters?

Come on Rick, take some responsibility. Renteria had to go and so did Coop, but personnel decisions were not exclusively in their domain.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tray said:

The decisions are expected, but  the timing also gives it the air of a cathartic scapegoating w/o Hahn and  upper management taking responsibility.

GM  Hahn was also responsible for not fortifying the staring pitching, picking up Mazara , Encarcion and then staying with them all season .

Where was Hahn all season? He said nothing to Renteria?

He stuck Coop with 2 starters?

Come on Rick, take some responsibility. Renteria had to go and so did Coop, but personnel decisions were not exclusively in their domain.

I am wondering if at the deadline when there were player and organizational talks that Cooper and Renteria felt that Cease, Dunning and Lopez should be able to handle the post season and thus stayed the course.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The weird thing was if no one asked about the current coaching staff, It didn't appear RH would have even mentioned Coop was gone. Considering how long he has been with the team and how many managers he coached under, you would think he would have had higher billing.

That third playoff game left the FO with the same feeling it left most of us with.  Anyone with anything to do with how the staff was handled for game 3 is out.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I wonder what coops opinion of the last two weeks of the season were.  His unfiltered opinion. 

I wonder if he would fall on the blade or point it at Ricky 

So they pitched Ruiz in an epically important situation with a torn meniscus

Edited by fathom
  • Haha 1

Just now, poppysox said:

That third playoff game left the FO with the same feeling it left most of us with.  Anyone with anything to do with how the staff was handled for game 3 is out.

I don't disagree with you Poppy, but the staff was what Rick Hahn gave them to work with....and I don't know if the front office will ever also be held responsible for those decisions as well.  I just hope Rick Hahn makes smarter acquisitions this offseason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Tony unpinned this topic