Cooper also out

Southwest Sider

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

We say this EVERY year... and then "next year" comes around and we say "he's only 27 and has a live arm and could turn it around." Rinse repeat

Look around baseball.  This happens to every team, and to tons of pitchers.  Baseball is hard, and pitching is the hardest of all.

20 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

The Cleveland series was a much bigger fail on RR's part than game 3 was imo.  Game 3 certainly wasn't great but that was more of a front office fail than anything else imo.

Why does no one blame the pitchers in game 3 who gave up 9 walks ? You bring your best guys in to do a job and they fail and it's on the coach ? I think it was time for Coop to go too. It's just past his time but in the end the players failed with all the walks and poor hitting with RISP and Crochet and Eloy got hurt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why does no one blame the pitchers in game 3 who gave up 9 walks ? You bring your best guys in to do a job and they fail and it's on the coach ? I think it was time for Coop to go too. It's just past his time but in the end the players failed with all the walks and poor hitting with RISP and Crochet and Eloy got hurt.

Would have been a different outcome it Crochet doesn't get hurt and gets them through at least the third inning. Then everyone is pushed back and Rodon likely never sees any time on the mound.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yep.  There were some urine down the legs moments from the relievers we really needed to step up at that time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

This makes me think the Sox are definitely going to bring in a manager who uses analytics, which is a good thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

To the analytic crowd, he was a complete dope. Even to the old school, use-your-gut guys, he must have been a dope. Both of Rodon's relief appearances were universally bashed. The old schooler's heads much have exploded at his bullpen use in Game 3. 

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

On 10/12/2020 at 12:15 PM, wegner said:

I don't disagree with you Poppy, but the staff was what Rick Hahn gave them to work with....and I don't know if the front office will ever also be held responsible for those decisions as well.  I just hope Rick Hahn makes smarter acquisitions this offseason.

I hope the owner lets him.

The inconvenient truth is Reinsdorf  signs the checks and establishes the team payroll boundaries.

Lord knows I'm no fan of Hahn but if Reinsdorf told Hahn to make Bauer happen, it would get done unless Trevor was absolutely hell-bound on going elsewhere.

The same is true in bringing in an A-list field manager. Reinsdorf absolutely shocked me by moving on from Cooper. If the objective is to move away from the ol' boy insider's club, getting rid of Cooper was tantamount.

The White Sox are on the verge of greatness. But they are going to require a significant financial infusion to secure the services of in-their-prime difference makers from outside the organization.

This is the last hoorah for this current ownership regime. 

Here's hoping they go out champions.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 2

• Tony unpinned this topic