Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Remember that Hahn said they wanted a manager with RECENT championship experience.  That does not describe LaRussa.

And can we just put a mute button on Nightengale's tweets?  Why do we think he's right?

Because they’re actually interviewing him

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Because they’re actually interviewing him

Is it weird for me to say I almost feel like it's going to happen because it would be just our luck? Especially after the first REAL glimmer of hope of organizational change in forever?

If it does happen I think we will collectively crash the site.

I don’t see how he can be their number one candidate. I respect La Russa and everything he has accomplished but is he the right fit for this team? No, I don’t think so. I’m thinking the Sox intentionally put this out there to divert the attention from the AJ Hinch stuff or a courtesy interview. 

Edited by maloney.adam

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Hawk was openly courting Billy Martin right before he fired LaRussa. That was back in the day when you could do things a bit more discreetly than you can now. I remember watching the sports on the local news and they had footage of them meeting at a O'hare hotel.

Wish we could have had Martin.  Billy was the best one-season manager ever.  He always wore out his welcome but for that one year, he was the best IMO.

13 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Whitesox are gonna screw this whole damn rebuild up by going back to LaRussa. How the hell can anyone be okay with this move???

I think we should at the very least give it a chance if it happens. I'm sure Hahn and Kenny wouldn't ruin their legacies and this rebuild by hiring a guy who didn't share their vision. Maybe they want TLR for a few years and then have a guy waiting in the wings. TLR is old but also a very good manager. He wouldn't be top 2 choice for me, but I'd give it a chance. 

1 minute ago, oneofthemikes said:

Maybe Nightengale saying "Right now, he's their number 1 candidate..." is simply because he's the only candidate they can officially speak to at the moment? 

Hinch - Suspended

Cora - Suspended

Cash (pipedream) - Playoffs

Espada - Playoffs

Quatraro - Playoffs

Is Cash's contract up or something?

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic