Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

What is the gameplan here then.  Why use TLR as a smokescreen.  There are plenty of other options they could interview to get that process going.   

To make it APPEAR he was their first choice while Hinch was their second choice but Larussa maintained he wanted to remain retired.  So they had to go with their "backup plan", Hinch. Makes it look like the "cheater" wasn't their first choice 

17 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Pretty much said he asked around that no one in the know has shot it down even off the record  and he believes a La Russa hiring is possible.  Also said the Sox aren’t looking for a long term manager but one guy who can get them a championship now.

I don’t buy most  of what Morosi says, but if this is true, I hope it doesn’t mean JR has a health issue. 

It is one way this makes sense.

I can’t imagine the Sox just interviewing TLR and that’s it. Even Hahn mentioned that there’s going to be a list of candidates and some of them may already be coaching or managing in the playoffs currently so we may have to wait. I just don’t buy all these rumors that TLR is the number one candidate. 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don’t buy most  of what Morosi says, but if this is true, I hope it doesn’t mean JR has a health issue. 

It is one way this makes sense.

Then that could change personnel decisions.  Short term deals for older trusted players, trading younger players for win now impact players.  God they could completely destroy this rebuild for one last shot in the pan. 

20 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Pretty much said he asked around that no one in the know has shot it down even off the record  and he believes a La Russa hiring is possible.  Also said the Sox aren’t looking for a long term manager but one guy who can get them a championship now.

19 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Also gave it a 30% chance to actually happen and says they wouldn’t have asked for a meeting if it’s not real.

Dude, he confirmed they're going to interview him, which we all know. He gave his opinion on a percentage of the likelihood of it happening, prefaced with he's not a betting man. His interview didn't give off the opinion that he had any inside knowledge at all, he was just guessing. What sense would it make, in the Sox's theoretical playoff window, to NOT go after manager that is supposed to lead them through the entirety of said window? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Dude, he confirmed they're going to interview him, which we all know. He gave his opinion on a percentage of the likelihood of it happening, prefaced with he's not a betting man. His interview didn't give off the opinion that he had any inside knowledge at all, he was just guessing. What sense would it make, in the Sox's theoretical playoff window, to NOT go after manager that is supposed to lead them through the entirety of said window? 

Lol I’m literally sharing what Morosi said and you seem upset at me. Why don’t you take a walk?

Edited by Orlando

10 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

What is the gameplan here then.  Why use TLR as a smokescreen.  There are plenty of other options they could interview to get that process going.   

Are they trying to take some of the stink off of Hinch with someone who would be a terrible choice?  I don't know.  If the interest is actually real it is coming from JR and not Hahn IMO.

Hinch and a bunch of the best candidates can't be interviewed yet.  Going to La Russa before others can officially be interviewed would make the hiring even worse.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I can’t imagine the Sox just interviewing TLR and that’s it. Even Hahn mentioned that there’s going to be a list of candidates and may be some from the playoffs ongoing. There’s got to be something more to this....

Hahn might have been full of shit to throw people off the Tony scent

Just now, Tony said:

If La Russa is in fact hired........it will be an incredibly bad look for Rick based on his comments on the conference call. 

Rick is a smart guy and said what he said on the call for a reason. 

At least Hahn supporters will still find a way to never blame him for anything. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hahn might have been full of shit to throw people off the Tony scent

Yeah idk why people act like Hahn never lies. Also, Bob is pretty connected with the F.O it’s either out there because it’s true or some other reason but the Sox want it out there.

56 minutes ago, Orlando said:

People should just accept this as real and stop throwing the smokescreen stuff out there. It’s a defense mechanism. I had to sit here and read that SD and Machado or the Sox low offer we’re smokescreens and he’s definitely coming to Chicago. I had to read that Zack Wheeler’s interest in Philly was a smokescreen. I don’t think there are as many smokescreens in the media as we think. This is the Angels MLB beat writer confirming that they got permission to interview La Russa. If this is a smokescreen, it’s a freaking elaborate one. 

I don't think it's a smokescreen, but it's absolutely something Jerry asked to give a shot with an open mind, and I don't believe it'll be anymore than that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Lol I’m literally sharing what Morosi said and you seem upset at me. Why don’t you take a walk?

The previous posts, to me, seemed more sky is falling panicky, rather than giving the full context of what he said. Felt like it was important to clear that up for those who didn't listen and we're just reading along here. 

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

If La Russa is in fact hired........it will be an incredibly bad look for Rick based on his comments on the conference call. 

Rick is a smart guy and said what he said on the call for a reason. 

I don’t see Keuchel saying what he said either if he was stoked about TLR and not Hinch.

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

I don't think it's a smokescreen, but it's absolutely something Jerry asked to give a shot with an open mind, and I don't believe it'll be anymore than that. 

I cant imagine us interviewing La Russa and not hiring him. You dont pull a hall of famer along for the ride unless he's the guy.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Richard Justice

He thinks that, "if he wants, it's his". He doesn't know, it's his opinion, just like Bob. I'm saying he wasn't told that he's candidate numero uno, he thinks this. If they both turn out to be right, it'll be incredibly stupid of this organization, veering off the path of using logic and reasoning over dumbassery in recent years.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic