Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

And yet another reason Hinch should be the choice. Does he have any connections to starting pitching that he could talk into coming to Chicago?

Edited by smellysox

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

Problem is by signing LaRussa it could mean whiffing another free agent option.... 

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

21 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Maybe I’m reaching a bit here but I think i will be more pissed if they sign LaRussa instead of signing AJ Hinch than I was when we whiffed on Machado. This next managerial hiring has huge implications for the future of this teams contention. LaRussa is too old for a manager nowadays and what has he done so great since being a special advisor for the last place angels? I don’t believe Hinch would sign up for a tandem pairing with LaRussa. 

Helped make a series of terrible DBacks trades with Dave Stewart...somehow they survived for 2-3 years, and didn't completely bottom out, but some of those trades look even worse now in retrospect.

34 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

I'd honestly be fine with LaRussa. I don't think people give him enough credit for his analytics, but he was one of those guys who was super deep into pitching changes. He'd waste several pitchers on one batter in the inning. 

I think they'll pair him with Hinch being his understudy to be honest. That'll be to help give Hinch some credibility back, then let him fully take over.

Hinch is getting a manager role whether with us or another club.  He won’t be La Russa’s understudy.

52 minutes ago, jamesdiego said:

TLR is definitely not my first choice, but him in tandem with Jirschele is intriguing.  Jirschele is far too young for this team.  But having TLR around for a couple years seems like not a terrible idea.  

I still prefer Hinch 

I think Stoney shut down the idea of Jirschele fwiw

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fathom said:

The George Springer friends and family plan.  Here we go again .........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I think Stoney shut down the idea of Jirschele fwiw

Thanks for the info.  With Jirschele not an option for that double Manager tandem then the duo manager idea doesn’t make sense to me at all.  

Love AJ, but can’t make him a manager.  He needs to run a minor league team for at least a couple years and see how that goes.  See if his players do actually like playing for AJ or if they instead do a mutiny against him.  Could go either way.  

33 minutes ago, RTC said:

The George Springer friends and family plan.  Here we go again .........

I’d take that friends and family plan then the last one we got

Brantley and Hinch >>>Jay and Alonso

The Astros are like Verizon friends and Family and Jay and Alonso are like the cricket friends and family plan

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic