Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

41 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

IMO the TLR play was orchestrated brilliantly. Get the fan base confused, angry, talking about a 76 year old guy to deflect off the fact that they already have a deal in place with Hinch or a complete dark horse here that nobody is mentioning and everyone will be cool with. 

To move a polarizing figure like Hinch into the PR refresh he needs...throw another polarizing figure as an option for everyone to loudly oppose. Step 1 of recovery clears a hurdle. Plus, it makes Jerry feel like he helped a friend. If Kenny or RH orchestrated this...BRAVO. I tend to think PR people had to come up with this idea though, it's too smart. 

I agree. I feel that this is what’s happening too. Until I see all the national guys comment on this that we are interviewing La Russa and it’s his job to lose than I think this all chatter from our PR department. I haven’t seen any rumblings or tweets from the national guys on this. Only from good ole Bob.

Edited by maloney.adam

26 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

IMO the TLR play was orchestrated brilliantly. Get the fan base confused, angry, talking about a 76 year old guy to deflect off the fact that they already have a deal in place with Hinch or a complete dark horse here that nobody is mentioning and everyone will be cool with. 

To move a polarizing figure like Hinch into the PR refresh he needs...throw another polarizing figure as an option for everyone to loudly oppose. Step 1 of recovery clears a hurdle. Plus, it makes Jerry feel like he helped a friend. If Kenny or RH orchestrated this...BRAVO. I tend to think PR people had to come up with this idea though, it's too smart. 

I’d agree if we’re talking about a dark horse.  But I don’t think floating the name of a guy who hasn’t managed in years is going to do much to make people forget that Hinch is fresh off a suspension for presiding over the biggest cheating scandal in a century.  

13 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I’d agree if we’re talking about a dark horse.  But I don’t think floating the name of a guy who hasn’t managed in years is going to do much to make people forget that Hinch is fresh off a suspension for presiding over the biggest cheating scandal in a century.  

It does when you make it APPEAR the only two options were Hinch and an old outdated horrible option.. People will be fine with Hunch then.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The perfect managerial candidate isn’t out there. Each has his strong points and each has flaws. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Hire the best of the good. Most of you will be upset with anyone hired until the a Sox win. Don’t celebrate if you’re mad. Life goes on</p>&mdash; Steve Stone (@stevestone) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevestone/status/1316769729101459456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

????

48 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Exactly. You'd have to be crazy to think LaRussa would become the manager. Why in heavens name would anyone think the Sox PR department came up with this ? If they hire Hinch there is going to be some blow back regardless. Talking about LaRussa ahead of the hiring will do nothing to dissaude that. Is the PR department really in the business of trying to manipulate public opinion or deflect/distract attention away from the hiring of a controversial choice as manager ? What if Hinch isn't hired and its someone from the Rays ? You can throw that theory out the window then.

12 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Exactly. You'd have to be crazy to think LaRussa would become the manager. Why in heavens name would anyone think the Sox PR department came up with this ? If they hire Hinch there is going to be some blow back regardless. Talking about LaRussa ahead of the hiring will do nothing to dissaude that. Is the PR department really in the business of trying to manipulate public opinion or deflect/distract attention away from the hiring of a controversial choice as manager ? What if Hinch isn't hired and its someone from the Rays ? You can throw that theory out the window then.

Isn’t that exactly what a PR departments job is? Trying to make an organization look good to the public?

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 5:42 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

I typically enjoy Ron’s troll posts, but this one is just stupid as fuck.  I don’t like Ricky but Hinch is not the answer and the Sox would never sign him anyways.

Don't forget this one, folks. I like CWS, but he's going in my sig if he hire Hinch. This was in response to me suggesting we fire Ricky and hire Hinch. 

1 minute ago, yesterday333 said:

It has a lot of people saying “at least Hinch isn’t TLR” which makes who they hired look better. (If it is Hinch)

Are you saying that ? I'm not saying that. Does choosing a lesser of 2 evils make the Sox look good  or make them look stupid for considering not just 1 but 2 controversial choices ?

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic