YourWhatHurts

Managerial Candidates List

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Whitesox are gonna screw this whole damn rebuild up by going back to LaRussa. How the hell can anyone be okay with this move???

I don't know that anyone really is.

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Remember that Hahn said they wanted a manager with RECENT championship experience.  That does not describe LaRussa.

And can we just put a mute button on Nightengale's tweets?  Why do we think he's right?

Because they’re actually interviewing him

Everyone go listen to Keith Law on Carmen & Jurko from about an hour ago. He nailed it. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Everyone go listen to Keith Law on Carmen & Jurko from about an hour ago. He nailed it. 

What'd he say?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Is it weird for me to say I almost feel like it's going to happen because it would be just our luck? Especially after the first REAL glimmer of hope of organizational change in forever?

If it does happen I think we will collectively crash the site.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They're interviewing, but is he really their number one choice?  I just don't see it.  I'll be really surprised...and not happy.

This is Jerry helping get his buddy's name back out there. Interview gives Hahn and KW a chance to listen to some Boston and St Louis perspectives from the past few years. Doesn't hurt,  but also doesnt mean there's a chance in hell he's hired.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

They're interviewing, but is he really their number one choice?  I just don't see it.  I'll be really surprised...and not happy.

Does it matter.  Why is he getting interviewed.  Its because there is real interest.  

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Does it matter.  Why is he getting interviewed.  Its because there is real interest.  

Never a good look to float out a name that’s supposedly your first choice and have them turn you down 

I don’t see how he can be their number one candidate. I respect La Russa and everything he has accomplished but is he the right fit for this team? No, I don’t think so. I’m thinking the Sox intentionally put this out there to divert the attention from the AJ Hinch stuff or a courtesy interview. 

Edited by maloney.adam

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Hawk was openly courting Billy Martin right before he fired LaRussa. That was back in the day when you could do things a bit more discreetly than you can now. I remember watching the sports on the local news and they had footage of them meeting at a O'hare hotel.

Wish we could have had Martin.  Billy was the best one-season manager ever.  He always wore out his welcome but for that one year, he was the best IMO.

6 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

What'd he say?

6 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Summary? 

- Both Hinch or Cora would be great hires, he knows them both well, they embrace new school ideas and are good in-game managers.

- Thinks Cora is slightly better at development and could make more sense for Detroit, Hinch makes all the sense in the world for the Sox.

- LaRussa would literally be the worst decision they could make. He is SO far behind the times at this point. Thinks it’s more of an ownership favor than anything else. His time has passed and if the Sox make the move, it would be a tremendous step backwards. 

That last part is actually what he said, I didn’t paraphrase. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

What'd he say?

Basically laughed, said he was behind the times, and called LaRussa the worst possible hire

If you believe Stoney on Twitter, LaRussa, Bochy and Hinch are the only three candidates he doesn't shoot down.

Edited by Buehrle5687

Maybe Nightengale saying "Right now, he's their number 1 candidate..." is simply because he's the only candidate they can officially speak to at the moment? 

Hinch - Suspended

Cora - Suspended

Cash (pipedream) - Playoffs

Espada - Playoffs

Quatraro - Playoffs

13 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Whitesox are gonna screw this whole damn rebuild up by going back to LaRussa. How the hell can anyone be okay with this move???

I think we should at the very least give it a chance if it happens. I'm sure Hahn and Kenny wouldn't ruin their legacies and this rebuild by hiring a guy who didn't share their vision. Maybe they want TLR for a few years and then have a guy waiting in the wings. TLR is old but also a very good manager. He wouldn't be top 2 choice for me, but I'd give it a chance. 

1 minute ago, oneofthemikes said:

Maybe Nightengale saying "Right now, he's their number 1 candidate..." is simply because he's the only candidate they can officially speak to at the moment? 

Hinch - Suspended

Cora - Suspended

Cash (pipedream) - Playoffs

Espada - Playoffs

Quatraro - Playoffs

Is Cash's contract up or something?

19 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Remember that Hahn said they wanted a manager with RECENT championship experience.  That does not describe LaRussa.

And can we just put a mute button on Nightengale's tweets?  Why do we think he's right?

Bob is Kenny's media BFF.