Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Hahn "So Tony what do you think of Analytics with regards to developing pitchers."

Tony "Well if Analytics is what Dave Duncan calls a two seamer, then I believe in lots of analytics.  By the way I tripped over some odd thing on the ground in your bullpen.  What in tarnation is a RAPSODO.  Is it a speaker?"  

Hahn "So our department of analytics gives you a scouting report.."

Tony "Let me stop you there partner, no accountant with a computer is going to tell me more than my gut.  That guy never played a game in his life from what I saw of him."

Basically TLR will give guys like gregg a reason to go full mast.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

People should just accept this as real and stop throwing the smokescreen stuff out there. It’s a defense mechanism. I had to sit here and read that SD and Machado or the Sox low offer we’re smokescreens and he’s definitely coming to Chicago. I had to read that Zack Wheeler’s interest in Philly was a smokescreen. I don’t think there are as many smokescreens in the media as we think. This is the Angels MLB beat writer confirming that they got permission to interview La Russa. If this is a smokescreen, it’s a freaking elaborate one. 

When do teams NOT give permission?  Rare if ever.. no news here.

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

People should just accept this as real and stop throwing the smokescreen stuff out there. It’s a defense mechanism. I had to sit here and read that SD and Machado or the Sox low offer we’re smokescreens and he’s definitely coming to Chicago. I had to read that Zack Wheeler’s interest in Philly was a smokescreen. I don’t think there are as many smokescreens in the media as we think. This is the Angels MLB beat writer confirming that they got permission to interview La Russa. If this is a smokescreen, it’s a freaking elaborate one. 

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

And now the Angels Athletic writer. This is more than a smokescreen.

Man, they're gonna talk to him, but it's not as if they aren't going to interview anyone else throughout this entire process. Considering the way the team has operated recently by breaking all the stupid White Soxian stereotypes of old, and considering what the Bulls have done as well, I think it's just doing due diligence and getting the opinion of a HOF manager. Nothing more. Go take a walk or something and chill out, it'll be ok lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Maybe if TLR is hired, he'll demand that Hawk is brought back to the booth.  Then after the first series, he'll hold a press conference and state that he has asked the Sox to dismiss Hawk.

Can we then also start the year with Grandal as our everyday LF?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Man, they're gonna talk to him, but it's not as if they aren't going to interview anyone else throughout this entire process. Considering the way the team has operated recently by breaking all the stupid White Soxian stereotypes of old, and considering what the Bulls have done as well, I think it's just doing due diligence and getting the opinion of a HOF manager. Nothing more. Go take a walk or something and chill out, it'll be ok lol. 

If he’s their first choice and he says he wants it, then I doubt they interview others 

Just now, fathom said:

Confirming what?

Pretty much said he asked around that no one in the know has shot it down even off the record  and he believes a La Russa hiring is possible.  Also said the Sox aren’t looking for a long term manager but one guy who can get them a championship now.

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Pretty much said he asked around that no one in the know has shot it down even off the record  and he believes a La Russa hiring is possible.  Also said the Sox aren’t looking for a long term manager but one guy who can get them a championship now.

Sweet, then that means they sign Bauer and Springer

• Like 1

Just now, Orlando said:

Also gave it a 30% chance to actually happen and says they wouldn’t have asked for a meeting if it’s not real.

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Pretty much said he asked around that no one in the know has shot it down even off the record  and he believes a La Russa hiring is possible.  Also said the Sox arent looking for a long term manager but one guy who can get them a championship now. 

That would be such a ridiculous mindset, and would make it obvious we're still bush league. The idea is to want to get FA to actually want to sign with us (as opposed to signing someone's friends in hope he'll sign on a discount).

Edited by KonerkoFan1

I have no doubt that the Sox have reached out.  I do have strong doubt that he will be the choice.  

When was the last time the Sox fed Nightengale something that actually ended up becoming true?

Reaching out for an interview does not equate to intention to hire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I have no doubt that the Sox have reached out.  I do have strong doubt that he will be the choice.  

When was the last time the Sox fed Nightengale something that actually ended up becoming true?

They fed him they wanted to interview him, and no one else had that info

4 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

What is the gameplan here then.  Why use TLR as a smokescreen.  There are plenty of other options they could interview to get that process going.   

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic