Jump to content
YourWhatHurts

Managerial Candidates List

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, nitetrain8601 said:

I'd honestly be fine with LaRussa. I don't think people give him enough credit for his analytics, but he was one of those guys who was super deep into pitching changes. He'd waste several pitchers on one batter in the inning. 

I think they'll pair him with Hinch being his understudy to be honest. That'll be to help give Hinch some credibility back, then let him fully take over.

No way they pair LaRussa up with AJ Hinch. Why would he sign up for that when I’m sure Detroit would give him full reign of their organization if he asked for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

No way they pair LaRussa up with AJ Hinch. Why would he sign up for that when I’m sure Detroit would give him full reign of their organization if he asked for it. 

Because the Sox have a much brighter future in the near term than Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

No way they pair LaRussa up with AJ Hinch. Why would he sign up for that when I’m sure Detroit would give him full reign of their organization if he asked for it. 

Because if he sucks with Detroit (which he will), that's it. He's done for. People will think he's a shitty manager without the cheating, whether right or wrong. Hinch is only going to get one chance at this in terms of rebuilding his reputation. It honestly would be really smart of him to latch onto a HoF manager to give him back some credibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

I'd honestly be fine with LaRussa. I don't think people give him enough credit for his analytics, but he was one of those guys who was super deep into pitching changes. He'd waste several pitchers on one batter in the inning. 

I think they'll pair him with Hinch being his understudy to be honest. That'll be to help give Hinch some credibility back, then let him fully take over.

So then if you’re OK with Hinch becoming the manager then, why not now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony said:

So then if you’re OK with Hinch becoming the manager then, why not now?

Look at the threads around here now. Hinch hasn't been away long enough for people to forget, nor does he have anyone vouching for him. His players really F'ed him over tbh. And it doesn't help that many Astros players seemingly had a down year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I’m reaching a bit here but I think i will be more pissed if they sign LaRussa instead of signing AJ Hinch than I was when we whiffed on Machado. This next managerial hiring has huge implications for the future of this teams contention. LaRussa is too old for a manager nowadays and what has he done so great since being a special advisor for the last place angels? I don’t believe Hinch would sign up for a tandem pairing with LaRussa. 

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

The Cubs did it with Joe Maddon

They did, under unique circumstances. For the Sox to only interview one candidate would be weird IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

Sign me up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

He didn't shoot him down, but he did say he doesn't think it'll be him...

 

Didn’t even mention Hinch in his reply. Hummmmmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

And yet another reason Hinch should be the choice. Does he have any connections to starting pitching that he could talk into coming to Chicago?

Edited by smellysox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hi8is said:

Didn’t even mention Hinch in his reply. Hummmmmmm...

That's how he has responded to every tweet involving Hinch.  He shoots down almost every idea, but doesn't comment on Hinch. It's pretty obvious that Stone thinks (or knows) that Hinch is the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

Very intriguing! Sign me up as well.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

Problem is by signing LaRussa it could mean whiffing another free agent option.... 

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Because the Sox have a much brighter future in the near term than Detroit.

Lol he's not going to be a tandem manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully JR stays out of it like he did with the Bulls hire and let’s Hahn make the final decision.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Maybe I’m reaching a bit here but I think i will be more pissed if they sign LaRussa instead of signing AJ Hinch than I was when we whiffed on Machado. This next managerial hiring has huge implications for the future of this teams contention. LaRussa is too old for a manager nowadays and what has he done so great since being a special advisor for the last place angels? I don’t believe Hinch would sign up for a tandem pairing with LaRussa. 

Helped make a series of terrible DBacks trades with Dave Stewart...somehow they survived for 2-3 years, and didn't completely bottom out, but some of those trades look even worse now in retrospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

There is no proof TLR is the only person interviewed or will be. 

True, he's the only one that we know of now, and I expect others to be interviewed. I just think it's an overreaction to TLR right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Look at the threads around here now. Hinch hasn't been away long enough for people to forget, nor does he have anyone vouching for him. His players really F'ed him over tbh. And it doesn't help that many Astros players seemingly had a down year.

To be clear, you want me to look around the threads here to see why Hinch is a bad idea, and La Russa is a good idea? That’s the vibe you’re getting here? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Frank as the manager lol

He’s in house. They are looking for someone outside the organization.

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

I'd honestly be fine with LaRussa. I don't think people give him enough credit for his analytics, but he was one of those guys who was super deep into pitching changes. He'd waste several pitchers on one batter in the inning. 

I think they'll pair him with Hinch being his understudy to be honest. That'll be to help give Hinch some credibility back, then let him fully take over.

Hinch is getting a manager role whether with us or another club.  He won’t be La Russa’s understudy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the WS Talk Podcast, Geoff Blum said Hinch and Springer are extremely close and thinks Hinch would try to get him to play in Chicago

So? La Russa is very close to Vance Law and would try to get him to come to Chicago.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Frank as the manager lol

I wish they hadn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×