Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Taking rivalry out of the equation........if Bill Belichick was available to be hired by your favorite NFL team....you're saying no because "integrity?" 

lol

You just compared Hinch to the best coach in football's history. Belichick also wasn't a part of the biggest cheating scandal in the sport in decades. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

You'd think all the people concerned about integrity would have stopped watching before this season considered we signed Dallas Keuchel. 

The White Sox have one of the all time biggest baseball scandals. Why follow the team? We have also been accused of cheating ourselves. Not to mention, an owner who allegedly wants to finish on second. Why follow this team? If Hinch can get us a title or three, I couldn't care less if he acknowledges his wrong and doesn't do it again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The White Sox have one of the all time biggest baseball scandals. Why follow the team? We have also been accused of cheating ourselves. Not to mention, an owner who allegedly wants to finish on second. Why follow this team? If Hinch can get us a title or three, I couldn't care less if he acknowledges his wrong and doesn't do it again. 

Comparing a scandal from literally over 100 years ago to a scandal from last year is just a tad dubious. Just a tad. 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Comparing a scandal from literally over 100 years ago to a scandal from last year is just a tad dubious. Just a tad. 

So the allegations of us sign stealing and JR wanting to finish second were over 100 years ago? As a fan of this team I'm more concerned about an owner self sabotaging the team than I am of sign stealing players not being controlled by a coach.  

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

So the allegations of us sign stealing and JR wanting to finish second were over 100 years ago? As a fan of this team I'm more concerned about an owner self sabotaging the team than I am of sign stealing players not being controlled by a coach.  

The allegation of us cheating is slightly different than the one that was actually proven by MLB with multiple penalties. The JR thing is just stupid, like too stupid to acknowledge. 

Just now, Tony said:

You aren’t answering the question. 

If you are so anti-cheater, why is BB ok but not someone else who has cheated? Some cheating is OK if you win a lot? 

Of course I'm answering the question. Your comparison was really damn lazy. Hinch is no Belichick and what Hinch was involved in was way worse. There's no comparison. There are degrees here. I also don't want to execute people for speeding and jaywalking. 

46 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I don't cheer for Dallas either. Fuck em both. 

Then you kinda aren't cheering for your own team.

Also, you are kind of exposing yourself by basically suggesting that having one cheater would equal no integrity while throwing out your own argument with BB because... apparently his cheating wasn't as bad. Lol.

Gimme Hinch all day.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Then you kinda aren't cheering for your own team.

Also, you are kind of exposing yourself by basically suggesting that having one cheater would equal no integrity while throwing out your own argument with BB because... apparently his cheating wasn't as bad. Lol.

Gimme Hinch all day.

I didn't watch any Sox games this year. You can pull my fan card or whatever. I don't really care. Fandom is voluntary. 

Again, there are degrees. What Hinch did is irredeemable, imo. This is why laws are applied differently based on severity. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I didn't watch any Sox games this year. You can pull my fan card or whatever. I don't really care. Fandom is voluntary. 

Again, there are degrees. What Hinch did is irredeemable, imo. This is why laws are applied differently based on severity. 

Again, why is one (multiple, actually) ok and another is not. Cheating is cheating. "Degrees" are for meaningful paperwork and repercussions. You either have a principle or you don't. 

Pick a street.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

2 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Again, why is one (multiple, actually) ok and another is not. Cheating is cheating. "Degrees" are for meaningful paperwork and repercussions. You either have a principle or you don't. 

Pick a street.

There are, like, a lot of philosophers that do not agree with you. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

There are, like, a lot of philosophers that do not agree with you. 

Do you really want to have this discussion? Fine.

What is a principle? It's definitely not, "This cheater is so bad and it's beneath me and my integrity to have him but this other one's cheating was (IMO) less severe so that's alright."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hahn also mentioned it could be someone on a staff that is still playing in the playoffs.

Joe Espada would be a play I could see the Sox making. Checks the box of Spanish speaking, winning caliber type and doesn’t draw the limelight like hinch and cora would. 

54 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I agree - I think Scioscia goes to a team in rebuild mode vs. a team like the Sox and even than I don't know whether Mike is interested in managing anymore. Part of it may just be because he had a long run calling the shots and in the new era that flexibility rarely exists.  I imagine they are going to move pretty swiftly in hiring a replacement.  

I gotta think that the Sox aren't going to go out and bring in a guy who is known for not cooperating with the front office.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic