Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Your post was so illogical that it really doesn't deserve a counterpoint. 

That's exactly what a person with no counterpoint says. (There are others coming at you that you have yet to answer as well)

Please explain logic to me, then. If you can after dealing with your mental gymnastics.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

That's exactly what a person with no counterpoint says. (There are others coming at you that you have yet to answer as well)

Please explain logic to me, then. If you can after dealing with your mental gymnastics.

If your logic is that all cheating is absolute and penalties should be applied universally despite their severity, then it's just plain old dumb. Imagine if any society was run that way. Yikes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

It's all or nothing!!!! No in-betweens!!!!

It's always interesting when someone words something in an absolute, certain way and then later on instead of changing their wording or specifying it they have to start doing mental gymnastics.

5 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If your logic is that all cheating is absolute and penalties should be applied universally despite their severity, then it's just plain old dumb. Imagine if any society was run that way. Yikes. 

Funny thing is that's not actually what you were even arguing. You never corrected your wording or your stance.  

You never specified what cheating was okay for you in a manager and what cheating wasn't.

So answer this. There is no Integrity in signing one cheater but there is integrity in signing another if his cheating wasn't quite as bad as the first guy's?

And no, that was not my logic. You didn't follow my argument.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Dude, come on. You're being called out on multiple fronts but multiple different people. 

You say you've answered the question, but everyone (except you) knows you haven't. It's simple:

You said if the Sox hired AJ Hinch, they have no integrity because he cheated. You are saying there are different levels of cheating....which is true......but if you are talking about integrity, which has been your point the whole time....why is some cheating OK, but other types of cheating is just wrong? Integrity is pretty black and white. If you cheat....does winning more Super Bowls than anyone else somehow help your integrity? 

People are coming at you because your argument doesn't make sense. And if you don't want to answer that's fine....but it sort of answers the question for us. 

2 people are calling me out and we disagree. I'm okay with that. You want to hire a cheater and I don't. That's okay. 

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Dude, come on. You're being called out on multiple fronts but multiple different people. 

You say you've answered the question, but everyone (except you) knows you haven't. It's simple:

You said if the Sox hired AJ Hinch, they have no integrity because he cheated. You are saying there are different levels of cheating....which is true......but if you are talking about integrity, which has been your point the whole time....why is some cheating OK, but other types of cheating is just wrong? Integrity is pretty black and white. If you cheat....does winning more Super Bowls than anyone else somehow help your integrity? 

People are coming at you because your argument doesn't make sense. And if you don't want to answer that's fine....but it sort of answers the question for us. 

I tried to stray from having to use The L Word because it feels to me like the people who bring up logic the quickest are the ones who most blatantly disregard it.

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

2 people are calling me out and we disagree. I'm okay with that. You want to hire a cheater and I don't. That's okay. 

Not only are you minimizing (it's been more than 2 people, lol) but you keep refusing to answer the question and acknowledge the point.

Why is the concept of integrity only applied to cheating of a specific severity? So the Sox do have integrity if they hire a cheater of lesser severity?

You don't even realize that you just blatantly contradicted yourself. "Logical."

Edited by KonerkoFan1

3 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Not only are you minimizing (it's been more than 2 people, lol) but you keep refusing to answer the question and acknowledge the point.

Why is the concept of integrity only applied to cheating of a specific severity? So the Sox do have integrity if they hire a cheater of lesser severity?

You don't even realize that you just blatantly contradicted yourself. "Logical."

So you think integrity is absolute too? Jesus, man. Are you a sith? 

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

OK. Our next talk will be about teaching you how to properly use ellipses. They're not what you think they are. 😂

That’s ok. Improper ellipses use doesn’t show a lack of integrity. But had it been improper use of a question mark? Forget about it. Instant ban. No integrity whatsoever. 

53 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Whatever floats your boat, man. But if that's the direction you are wanting to take the franchise, we may have wanted to stick with Ricky.

Can yo mamma motivate the players to play clean baseball?  If so, then yo momma may be as good as or even better than Ricky.  Either are still better than Hinch.

10 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

So you think integrity is absolute too? Jesus, man. Are you a sith? 

You flat out said the Sox would have no Integrity if they hired Hinch because he's a cheater.

I think we missed your chart of what levels of cheating classify what levels of integrity, so please do that for us. You can't say there's no Integrity in hiring one cheater and that there is in hiring another cheater. And your claim that Bill Belichick isn't that big a cheater is debatable at best anyway.

You haven't really answered any questions thus far so I expect you to continue to not do so, but let's try this one, since you're so big on logic.

You already stated "Fuck" Dallas keuchel. I'm going to assume that's because he was on the cheating team. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Please explain exactly what severity of cheating Dallas enacted as a pitcher on that team. So you're angry at him but you're making excuses for Bill Belichick. Something doesn't add up there. Please list with severity whatever Dallas did compared to Bill Belichick's. So I can fax hired Dallas to be a pitching coach you claim to have no integrity? Because why?

You have yet to make any specifications at all in terms of this "severity" you keep going on about, and quite frankly it's clear that your judgment on the subject is well out of whack.

In reality, the fact you completely ignore to posters actual post and criticized his grammar tell us all we need to know. Refusing to answer a question clearly means you don't have the answer. You can't even Define the parameters and logic of your own arguments.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

7 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

So for the people that are anti-Hinch, does that mean they are against signing Springer this offseason as well? 

Springer I don't want because I think his profile is the kind of guy who is going to fall off.  I wouldn't want to give him many years and big money.  But a 3 year deal, maybe even with a 4th year option is okay with me.

The players are still different.  I mean, the cheating is wrong of course, but how many of the league's players would have also cheated had they been on the Astros clubs that did?  How many players specifically who say they are angry and disappointed with the Astros players wouldn't have done the same thing?  Few if any players will ever really want to cheat, but then again nobody wants to be a rat or a snitch either.

Fiers said something.  Bauer is the kind of guy who probably would have.  How many other players?

I disagree with the lack of severity in punishments but at the same time, I'm not sure that Manfred could have done much more.  And really the Astros thing was a good type of bad thing that needed to happen.  The cheating was only going to spread further.  Someone had to do it and get caught to set the necessary precedent for rule changes etc. which will make the game better.  But the Astros as a franchise should have paid.  Jim Crane should have paid, and their WS title should have been vacated.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

23 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

You flat out said the Sox would have no Integrity if they hired Hinch because he's a cheater.

I think we missed your chart of what levels of cheating classify what levels of integrity, so please do that for us. You can't say there's no Integrity in hiring one cheater and that there is in hiring another cheater. And your claim that Bill Belichick isn't that big a cheater is debatable at best anyway.

You haven't really answered any questions thus far so I expect you to continue to not do so, but let's try this one, since you're so big on logic.

You already stated "Fuck" Dallas keuchel. I'm going to assume that's because he was on the cheating team. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Please explain exactly what severity of cheating Dallas enacted as a pitcher on that team. So you're angry at him but you're making excuses for Bill Belichick. Something doesn't add up there. Please list with severity whatever Dallas did compared to Bill Belichick's. So I can fax hired Dallas to be a pitching coach you claim to have no integrity? Because why?

You have yet to make any specifications at all in terms of this "severity" you keep going on about, and quite frankly it's clear that your judgment on the subject is well out of whack.

In reality, the fact you completely ignore to posters actual post and criticized his grammar tell us all we need to know. Refusing to answer a question clearly means you don't have the answer. You can't even Define the parameters and logic of your own arguments.

That's a lot of words and a lot of projection of things I never said. I don't care for Dallas because was both complicit and says a lot of stupid things in an attempt to absolve those responsible. 

I don't think what Belichick has been implicated in are as serious as Hinch. It was a lazy comparison, which I've said numerous times. 

You don't have to agree with my standards and that's okay. We all have them. Your quest for absolutes doesn't make any sense either, and that's okay too. 

Edited by TaylorStSox

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

That's a lot of words and a lot of projection things I never said. I don't care for Dallas because was both complicit and says a lot of stupid things in an attempt to absolve those responsible. 

I don't think what Belichick has been implicated in are as serious as Hinch. It was a lazy comparison, which I've said numerous times. 

You don't have to agree with my standards and that's okay. We all have them. Your quest for absolutes doesn't make any sense either, and that's okay too. 

So then you do not believe the Sox lack Integrity by signing him, correct?

You don't think it was a s serious? That's essentially you using an opinion to get out of having to backup your own argument, or even explain it. 

I could care less what your standards are, that has nothing to do with the argument. You don't get to tell people that they are dumb and illogical and then when called on to explain how, hide behind an opinion. Because logic and density are not based on your "standards" or opinions. Logic is just logic, which it is clear you're not very well versed on.

You have failed on every possible level to explain your argument, stay consistent on your argument, or even explain these severities you keep referring to.

If you're completely fine with what Belichick did, being that angry at Dallas is a huge inconsistency in your own logic. Your personal feeling they're fine, but when they actually interfere with logic, and you need to stop using logic as an argument point.

You've consistently failed to answer simple questions the backup your arguments and at one point even ignored the entirety of someone's post to correct their grammar. Clearly you lost and it's time to move on.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

So then you do not believe the Sox lack Integrity by signing him, correct?

You don't think it was a s serious? That's essentially you using an opinion to get out of having to backup your own argument, or even explain it. 

I could care less what your standards are, that has nothing to do with the argument. You don't get to tell people that they are dumb in a logical and then when called on to explain how, hide behind an opinion. Because logic and density are not based on your "standards."

You have failed on every possible level to explain your argument, stay consistent on your argument, or even explain these severities you keep referring to.

If you're completely fine with what Belichick did, being that angry at Dallas is a huge inconsistency in your own logic.

You've consistently failed to answer simple questions the backup your arguments and at one point even ignored the entirety of someone's post to correct their grammar. Clearly you lost and it's time to move on.

Standards are opinions, my guy. It is my opinion that any team that signs Hinch lacks integrity 

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic