Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Just now, KonerkoFan1 said:

Everyone applied this to everyone then basically no one would get a second chance, ever. The world would be pretty messed up in that case.

But if the severity is bad enough, dammit. (Someone needs to make a chart so what we know how far is just too damn far!)

I think he is saying the exact opposite.  They paid for their mistakes, and now should get another chance.

1 minute ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Please God no Larussa. Dude is old as fuck.

JR always said letting Hawk fire Larussa was his biggest regret.  Normally I would agree that Tony is past his prime...but with JR he might want to correct what he considers a mistake.  Hope not!

1 minute ago, Tony said:

That's true, but it does seem like Stone gets some talking points from the organization, and Hinch seemed to be hinted at heavily by the organization today. 

Yeah the but who portion of his tweet makes me think a guy like alomar is in play as well otherwise why not just state the obvious if your Stoney. It’s almost like he was being cryptic about his tweet but maybe I’m reading too much into it

Between what Hahn said in the presser, Stone said on the radio, and Keuchel's tweet, signs do seem to point to Hinch.  I personally don't want him but if the FO does its due diligence and its clear that what happened in Houston stays there, I'll be ok with it.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Gene Lamont is 3 years younger....let's give him another shot. :cool:

I liked Lamont.  Really nice guy.  Leland and Tanner were also very good baseball people.  All of them knew how to fill out a lineup card.  Billy Martin was the best one year manager but always wore out his welcome.  I would like to have an old school manager who gets mad on occasion.  

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I liked Lamont.  Really nice guy.  Leland and Tanner were also very good baseball people.  All of them knew how to fill out a lineup card.  Billy Martin was the best one year manager but always wore out his welcome.  I would like to have an old school manager who gets mad on occasion.  

Am I remembering correctly, Poppy, that Leland would not interview with the Sox because he did not like the way they dismissed Lamont?

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1

What's exciting is that there will be plenty of guys who will want to manage this team.  The Sox will have their pick or qualified individuals who can take this team to the next level.

Anyone have ideas on who a potential manager might want to bring on board as a pitching coach?  Who does Hinch, Cora, Alomar, etc. bring along?

Speaking of managers and not just candidates, am I one of the few here that thinks Dave Roberts is an awful manager?  I only follow him somewhat in the playoffs, but it seems to me he has made some horrendous managerial decisions over the last few years.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Of all the people being  mentioned, this is the ONE guy I hope Hahn meant when he said what he said about waiting til after the World Series.

He would be great but his new contract ties him up for 4 or 5 years.  Managers can be bought out I guess but unlikely in this case.  Definitely the right type though.

35 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Between what Hahn said in the presser, Stone said on the radio, and Keuchel's tweet, signs do seem to point to Hinch.  I personally don't want him but if the FO does its due diligence and its clear that what happened in Houston stays there, I'll be ok with it.

Here's the thing.  I don't think him or Cora should be anywhere near a team next season.  Their punishments were far too light.  If they had more than a year off, I think myself and others would probably be more open to it.  But given the fact they got a tiny slap on the wrist and then get to go right back at it the next year is a joke.  Second chances are fine.  But the timing needs to be right and I'm not sure how anyone other than an Astros or Red Sox fan can say the punishment they got was fitting.  (and you know they would say it was too harsh, while the rest of the baseball world thinks it was a joke)

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic