Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

3 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I don’t want TLR, but the idea he couldn’t handle a brash, young team is wrong. He was in charge of the Bash Bros. In Oakland. That whole team was pretty wild. Like someone else said, he wouldn’t wilt in the playoffs (or down the stretch) like we just experienced.

Reading through Steve Stone’s Twitter replies, it seems like Hinch is the top candidate. He doesn’t rule out Bochy or TLR, but flat out says “No” to most other people mentioned.

It is interesting to think that TLR had the biggest steroids operation in baseball under his nose in Oakland and did nothing to stop it... sound like anyone else we are talking about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I’d take that friends and family plan then the last one we got

Brantley and Hinch >>>Jay and Alonso

The Astros are like Verizon friends and Family and Jay and Alonso are like the cricket friends and family plan

LaRussa Duncan is Reinsdorf’s Atari Plan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9vX2nHBploM

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Wonderful.  Do we now get to see Stone extend his signature thin-skinned Twitter b****iness to fans who would prefer not to hire a disgraced cheater?  That would be a fun way to cap off 2020.

Oh, put a sock in it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are you saying that ? I'm not saying that. Does choosing a lesser of 2 evils make the Sox look good  or make them look stupid for considering not just 1 but 2 controversial choices ?

I’ve seen some people on here say that. I am ok with hiring Hinch. So I am not saying that. But choosing the lesser of 2 evils does soften the blow for some people. I mean if you look at it rationally it changes nothing. But the sigh of relief for some people does make it “feel” better.

I get people not wanting the circus surrounding Hinch but Sox fans need to get a grip. We have a chance at a few world class managers and people are acting like we're the Yankees. If you have a chance to get a top 5 ish manager in the game you get him. It's not often an up and coming team like us gets the pick of the litter. Most teams hiring a coach are in bad situations. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, yesterday333 said:

I’ve seen some people on here say that. I am ok with hiring Hinch. So I am not saying that. But choosing the lesser of 2 evils does soften the blow for some people. I mean if you look at it rationally it changes nothing. But the sigh of relief for some people does make it “feel” better.

I don't believe JR would allow TL to be used just for gamesmanship.  If they asked for permission to discuss the managerial opening with Tony...the WS organization has at least some interest.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll be honest, I would not trust old man Stone with any of my secrets.  Dude can’t help himself when it comes to Twitter.

If Stone is revealing actual team information it is because the team wants it out there. The quickest way out of the White Sox family is leaking information that is meant to be secret. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is interesting to think that TLR had the biggest steroids operation in baseball under his nose in Oakland and did nothing to stop it... sound like anyone else we are talking about?

God that makes me miss the steroid era - what a great time for baseball.....

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

I would like the White Sox interviews to include:

Bruce Bochy (age 65).....Joe Espada (age 45).....John Farrell (age 56)

These guys are all associated with winning organizations and age-appropriate for the job.  None of them are tainted by age or scandal concerns.  Would love to see Jirschele be considered to serve as bench coach for any of them.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic