Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

This tweet is coming from the Stadium channel. They are just tweeting and quoting what he said earlier on a show. He didn’t tweet this today on his twitter account directly but I got you. He’s really pushing this and it’s becoming old. 

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

I know that most of you guys don’t trust what Not Steve Cishek throws out there anymore but thought I would share.

Robert doesn't really strike me as an analytical player. It really seems like he has no plan at the plate half the time. You'd think he'd lay off sliders 5 feet off the plate more if he was looking at how pitchers were attacking him. 

If he's trying to improve on that aspect, then that's great for him and this franchise. If he can just have good at bats 2/3 of the time, he's going to be extremely dangerous.

Edited by chw42
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Robert doesn't really strike me as an analytical player. It really seems like he has no plan at the plate half the time. You'd think he'd lay off sliders 5 feet off the plate more if he was looking at how pitchers were attacking him. 

If he's trying to improve on that aspect, then that's great for him and this franchise. If he can just have good at bats 2/3 of the time, he's going to be extremely dangerous.

To me it seemed like he swung through more fastballs in the zone than sliders off the plate in the second half of the season.

• Like 2

Not sure if Dodgers HC Dave Roberts has been mentioned in the previous 29 pages but I needed a change from LaRussa and Hinch. 

Long shot, but would probably need the Braves to beat the Dodgers tonight and for frustrations to boil over in LA enough to fire Roberts. 

Dave Roberts article

Edited by SouthSideGeorgia

18 minutes ago, SouthSideGeorgia said:

Not sure if Dodgers HC Dave Roberts has been mentioned in the previous 29 pages but I needed a change from LaRussa and Hinch. 

Long shot, but would probably need the Braves to beat the Dodgers tonight and for frustrations to boil over in LA enough to fire Roberts. 

Dave Roberts article

If Dave Roberts can’t win with the Dodgers, he can’t win with anybody. Pass (unless it’s between him and La Russa).

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Super bummed; opened this thread assuming the managerial candidate list news had been updated but it was just an opinion.

lol it’s called a discussion unlike what you do in every single thread. Argue with other posters and write book long posts. Get a grip buddy. If calling you out earlier offended you I apologize but you have to admit that argument was long and annoying and added nothing to the La Russa conversation.

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

lol it’s called a discussion unlike what you do in every single thread. Argue with other posters and write book long posts. Get a grip buddy. If calling you out earlier offended you I apologize but you have to admit that argument was long and annoying and added nothing to the La Russa conversation.

You know what, Ray Ray, I’m out of line. I don’t know you so I shouldn’t have commented on your argument. Let’s move on

• Love 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Roberts is absolutely getting canned.

I actually would be in favor of bringing in Roberts. 

First of all, he has a .614 winning percentage in his career as a manger (6 seasons, 2 teams). Won five division championships and 2 pennants in that span. After what we have experienced in the last 15 years, if people are saying they wouldn’t take that over the next 6 years, you are just being silly! 

In the various playoff appearances ... His team lost in the World Series to a team of players that knew what pitchers were coming (in 7 games). After winning 106 games in 2019, they lost in the NLDS 5 games, losing to Strasburg, Scherzer and on a crazy 10th inning Grand Slam. 

This season, his MVP player (Cody Bellinger) was absolute crap most of the season, and definitely in the playoffs.

Clayton Kershaw, the best left-handed pitcher of this generation, simply turns to mush in all of the post-seasons. 

I don’t think any of the blunders have been a direct result of his actions. Meaning, in the games I have watched, he hasn’t brought in a starting pitcher fresh off the IL in a bases loaded jam against the games hottest hitter in the 7th inning, etc. 

Hire Dave Roberts, entice Joc Peterson to come with him. Throw all the remaining available money at Trevor Bauer and Liam Hendricks. 

Championship!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, QBBrian13 said:

I actually would be in favor of bringing in Roberts. 

First of all, he has a .614 winning percentage in his career as a manger (6 seasons, 2 teams). Won five division championships and 2 pennants in that span. After what we have experienced in the last 15 years, if people are saying they wouldn’t take that over the next 6 years, you are just being silly! 

In the various playoff appearances ... His team lost in the World Series to a team of players that knew what pitchers were coming (in 7 games). After winning 106 games in 2019, they lost in the NLDS 5 games, losing to Strasburg, Scherzer and on a crazy 10th inning Grand Slam. 

This season, his MVP player (Cody Bellinger) was absolute crap most of the season, and definitely in the playoffs.

Clayton Kershaw, the best left-handed pitcher of this generation, simply turns to mush in all of the post-seasons. 

I don’t think any of the blunders have been a direct result of his actions. Meaning, in the games I have watched, he hasn’t brought in a starting pitcher fresh off the IL in a bases loaded jam against the games hottest hitter in the 7th inning, etc. 

Hire Dave Roberts, entice Joc Peterson to come with him. Throw all the remaining available money at Trevor Bauer and Liam Hendricks. 

Championship!

Roberts has been loyal to Kershaw to a fault. Cost them last year to the Nationals and cost him in the 2017 World Series. Questionable decisions last post season too.

Sure there were other times as well which I’m not stating.

He should have been let go a while ago.

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Roberts has been loyal to Kershaw to a fault. Cost them last year to the Nationals and cost him in the 2017 World Series. Questionable decisions last post season too.

Sure there were other times as well which I’m not stating.

He should have been let go a while ago.

I can’t argue that perhaps he might be to loyal. At the end of the day, if I’m gonna go down, I’m going down with the best bullets I’ve got! 

Again, I’m not saying he is the best candidate, or that he should be the guy. But I am also not gonna sit here and complain if the next six seasons includes 5 division titles and 2 pennants. 

As it stands, maybe it won’t matter. Dodgers in 7!

Complete the irony...

On October 18, 2010, Roberts was hired by the San Diego Padres as the first base coach, replacing Rick Renteria when he was promoted to bench coach.[37] When Rentería was named manager of the Chicago Cubs after the 2013 season, Roberts once again succeeded him, named as manager Bud Black's bench coach for the 2014 campaign.“

Rick Renteria was more or less fired by the White Sox after the 2020 season and once again replaced a third time in his career by...

Edited by SouthSideGeorgia
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, QBBrian13 said:

I can’t argue that perhaps he might be to loyal. At the end of the day, if I’m gonna go down, I’m going down with the best bullets I’ve got! 

Again, I’m not saying he is the best candidate, or that he should be the guy. But I am also not gonna sit here and complain if the next six seasons includes 5 division titles and 2 pennants. 

As it stands, maybe it won’t matter. Dodgers in 7!

As much as I like the Rays, I really want to see Dodgers smash the Astros in the WS

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic