Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

On 10/25/2020 at 12:10 AM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If We only had a coach like Dave ROberts we WOULDA BEEN so much better:

Roberts tells Baez he's done after the 6th. Then changed his mind after he already sat and relaxed and put him back out there lol

Given your opinion that managers don't matter, do you care who the Sox sign?

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

50 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Whomever it will be I've been impatiently waiting for this World Series to end. Let's get it done today and move on!

I would think Hinch and Cora will meet w several teams so it may take a few days. 

2 hours ago, Saufley said:

Whomever it will be I've been impatiently waiting for this World Series to end. Let's get it done today and move on!

We may see some activity or possible smoke but we may not see an announcement yet. I would have to imagine they would want this wrapped up before free agents can start signing with teams in 5 days though.

Edited by maloney.adam

7 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Have to imagine this is him speculating. Can’t see the Sox announcing this without doing due diligence on Hinch, Cora or any coaches they were not able to interview due to the postseason. 

Can't believe TLR is going to be coaching the Bears.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Have to imagine this is him speculating. Can’t see the Sox announcing this without doing due diligence on Hinch, Cora or any coaches they were not able to interview due to the postseason. 

Not saying this is what’s going on, but what if Tony’s interview went so well that they have no desire to interview anyone else and just had to wait until after postseason was over to announce?  I don’t think Briggs would mention this as speculation.

Pretty sure this is an open secret at this point. An old Daily Herald reporter told my brother its TLR too.

Not that they can't be wrong...but these are the exact people that would be excited by this and not shut their mouths.

Secretly hoping it's zombie Pants Rowland who can also espouse precautions he learned from the Spanish flu days.

20 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I think this is speculation. They are going to interview Hinch and other candidates that coached in the World Series first before announcing anything. 

Edited by maloney.adam

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Pretty sure this is an open secret at this point. An old Daily Herald reporter told my brother its TLR too.

Not that they can't be wrong...but these are the exact people that would be excited by this and not shut their mouths.

Secretly hoping it's zombie Pants Rowland who can also espouse precautions he learned from the Spanish flu days.

Hearing similar to you bmags.  Tony’s old buddies around town have big mouths.

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Well I guess we’ll find out by the end of the day today if this is true since Lance Briggs said today. 

Here is what I'm hoping: TLR is known to be arrogant. He may have made it clear in the interview he wants the job, and told all his buddies that, and they all think that since he wants it it's his. And JR loves him, but he still ends up letting the decision go elsewhere.

Just now, bmags said:

Here is what I'm hoping: TLR is known to be arrogant. He may have made it clear in the interview he wants the job, and told all his buddies that, and they all think that since he wants it it's his. And JR loves him, but he still ends up letting the decision go elsewhere.

What if it’s the other way and JR said the job is his if he wants and he TLR finally agreed to it?

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic