Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

1 minute ago, fathom said:

What if it’s the other way and JR said the job is his if he wants and he TLR finally agreed to it?

Well yeah, that's my operating assumption at this point, I was just saying what I was hoping was happening since so many people not really in the org are telling anyone that will listen that he took the job.

13 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

You have the pick of the litter and you're gonna hire a retread who has been out of the business a decade? Seriously?

Nothing has been leaked or officially announced yet. Just some talk maybe from TLR with his buddies. This is a process. I wouldn’t take too much stock into this just yet. 

Edited by maloney.adam

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hearing similar to you bmags.  Tony’s old buddies around town have big mouths.

Here in Saint Louis too it appears.  Like bmags said, they can be wrong and hopefully they area, maybe everyone is just playing games but ya this isn't looking good.

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don't want LaRussa, but I'm also surprised by the intensity and near-unanimity of the anti-TLR sentiment here and among fans I know.  I would think he'd have more supporters just based on track record alone.  

Its because the belief that he is being hired based solely because he’s Jerry’s buddy and hasn’t the managed a modern team. It goes against everything the Hahn went out and said when they let go of Renteria. It’s Jerry dictating the team and it’s revolting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don't want LaRussa, but I'm also surprised by the intensity and near-unanimity of the anti-TLR sentiment here and among fans I know.  I would think he'd have more supporters just based on track record alone.  

It seems like so many of the things we’ve come to dislike about how this organization operates all rolled into one.

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic