Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Anybody know- Does he drink during the games or just in the car? I heard he is asking for a new McCuddy's as part of his package.

Read that teams are going to video services in lieu of site scouts. Also only one square of tissue for each bathroom visit. Save the Earth.

I am pretty disappointed if this is the hire, but I'm not despondent nor do I think this will be so detrimental that the team will not recover.  I just think that right now they should be hiring a guy theoretically for 5-10 years looking forward to come along with the team.  In five years Tony is 81, in 10 he is 86.   That's pretty old to be relating to these kids every day 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I am pretty disappointed if this is the hire, but I'm not despondent nor do I think this will be so detrimental that the team will not recover.  I just think that right now they should be hiring a guy theoretically for 5-10 years looking forward to come along with the team.  In five years Tony is 81, in 10 he is 86.   That's pretty old to be relating to these kids every day 

Always knew you were one of the smart ones!

22 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Who was that?

There was a ton of us(myself included) who were throwing temper tantrums during that time.  I, however, know I could never stop being a fan of this stupid organization otherwise I would have a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

There was a ton of us(myself included) who were throwing temper tantrums during that time.  I, however, know I could never stop being a fan of this stupid organization otherwise I would have a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure everyone who didn't think Machado was overrated was irate. 

23 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Agreed!  Let's just hope this is a lot of fluff before a much more realistic new manager is named.

TLR certainly wouldn't be my choice, but IDGAF who manages this team if the Sox go out and sign what they need to sign. 

Realistically, all of the top names have some warts.  No matter who they hire, a portion of the fanbase will be irate.  IMHO, pretty much anybody is better than Ricky.  I do worry about how TLR would relate to the Sox roster, but these guys are professionals and need to go out and do their job no matter who their manager is. 

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If they go TLR with Jerry opening up the wallet this off-season I'm ok with it. Let's be honest, neither Jerry or TLR have that many good years left in them. 

I have a feeling that Jerry has more good years left in him than LaRussa. In any event, I am not okay with LaRussa.

49 minutes ago, pcq said:

Anybody know- Does he drink during the games or just in the car? I heard he is asking for a new McCuddy's as part of his package.

Read that teams are going to video services in lieu of site scouts. Also only one square of tissue for each bathroom visit. Save the Earth.

No way in hell. He is probably a Depends guy. 

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic