Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

A whole lot of people of variable quality are hearing from people in Saint Louis and Chicago that TLDR is very likely to become the White Sox's next manager. Somehow Lance Briggs seems to have been the one who started it. Nothing is official, but it seems fairly likely/a foregone conclusion at this point unless TLDR changes his mind. Rumor that Dave Duncan (pitching coach) will not be coming along.

There's about 5 different things in this comment that make me uncomfortable.  I don't like the way this is heading.

2 minutes ago, RTC said:

There's about 5 different things in this comment that make me uncomfortable.  I don't like the way this is heading.

Nothing to be uncomfortable about.  We will get the best available man for the job.  RH and the rest of FO aren't kidding any more.

29 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Nothing to be uncomfortable about.  We will get the best available man for the job.  RH and the rest of FO aren't kidding any more.

You're right.  Just like last winter when they weren't kidding we got the best RF for the job.  Silly me.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

A whole lot of people of variable quality are hearing from people in Saint Louis and Chicago that TLDR is very likely to become the White Sox's next manager. Somehow Lance Briggs seems to have been the one who started it. Nothing is official, but it seems fairly likely/a foregone conclusion at this point unless TLDR changes his mind. Rumor that Dave Duncan (pitching coach) will not be coming along.

Regardless of whether or not we sign him, I do like the idea of referring to him as TLDR going forward.  😂

So we had a GM who spent a few years assembling a long term run.  The minute we get to the point of this team being ready to compete for a long time our geriatric owner decides to over rule the GM to hire his bestie who is also geriatric.  The bestie will have all sorts of powers and will be for all intensive purposes unfireable. Decisions will be made in the short term that will have massive long term consequences.  You might as well have Kenny steering the ship now because the chips are all in now if TLR is on the team.  I cant wait for TLR to be making GM level decisions on this team.  That should go well.    

south-park-grey-dawn-old-people-drivers.

Next up Guaranteed Rate to start peddling reverse mortgages as part of our new identity.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic