Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Just now, fathom said:

It’s Tony, according to what all these people think 

yea thus the pain comment. there's just no way you can convince me this is the right move. JR should be opening his wallet no matter who the manager is, miss me with that "logic".

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Maybe Hahn likes TLR too? Maybe they don't want Hinch because of the scandal? If Hinch and Cora are out and Bochy won't come back from retirement, who else is out there? I think TLR would be good for a couple years at least but I'm gonna wait to see how we spend money this offseason. If we improve this roster big time, I'm okay with the move. 

I heard they did not interview Bochy. Which is just awful. 

And make no mistake about it, every manager out there wants this job. Bochy was interested.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

46 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

So we had a GM who spent a few years assembling a long term run.  The minute we get to the point of this team being ready to compete for a long time our geriatric owner decides to over rule the GM to hire his bestie who is also geriatric.  The bestie will have all sorts of powers and will be for all intensive purposes unfireable. Decisions will be made in the short term that will have massive long term consequences.  You might as well have Kenny steering the ship now because the chips are all in now if TLR is on the team.  I cant wait for TLR to be making GM level decisions on this team.  That should go well.    

south-park-grey-dawn-old-people-drivers.

Next up Guaranteed Rate to start peddling reverse mortgages as part of our new identity.  

I'm horrified at all of this, but especially of the bolded sentence. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I wonder if anyone will lose their job if it goes badly.

Wait...no I don't. 

The only one that this would happen to is named Hahn.  TLR is here until he decides to leave.  We have taken the Don Cooper pitching coach for life and made it worse.  If that was possible.  

Edited by southsideirish71

Ill just say this. Tony is on record this year saying that he does not agree with players kneeling for the anthem. He went as far as to say he would send them back to the clubhouse.  Can you imagine this 80 year old man sending Tim Anderson and Abreu to the clubhouse? Can you imagine the embarrassment and scrutiny that would bring to this orginaztion? Someone is going to ask Tony if he changed his stance at the press conference, you just know it. If he’s not prepared with the perfect answer there is going to be so much unnecessary drama brought to this team that is barely hitting their stride. Embarrassing.

CECBC581-CFCF-4BF1-A613-9DD3879591A5.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

The only one that this would happen to is named Hahn.  TLR is hear until he decides.  We have taken the Don Cooper pitching coach for life and made it worse.  If that was possible.  

I have a very hard time thinking Tony sticks around more than two years if things go badly

• Like 1

Just now, Orlando said:

Ill just say this. Tony is on record this year saying that he does not agree with players kneeling for the anthem. He went as far as to say he would send them back to the clubhouse.  Can you imagine this 80 year old man sending Tim Anderson and Abreu to the clubhouse? Can you imagine the embarrassment and scrutiny that would bring to this orginaztion? Someone is going to ask Tony if he changed his stance at the press conference, you just know it. If he’s not prepared with the perfect answer there is going to be so much unnecessary drama brought to this team that is barely hitting their stride. Embarrassing.

to be fair, tony is not on record saying that this year. He said this when kaep first knelt and many more people were blasting him. I doubt Tony has learned much since then since being humble is not a real strength of his, but just wanted to clarify the time.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

to be fair, tony is not on record saying that this year. He said this when kaep first knelt and many more people were blasting him. I doubt Tony has learned much since then since being humble is not a real strength of his, but just wanted to clarify the time.

Yes he is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Giolito, Eloy, and Robert as well.

• Thanks 2

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic