Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Rick Hahn.  With the organization for many, many years.  Worked his way up the ranks.  Earns the GM job and is given the task of a rebuild.  He makes the tough decisions, puts up with an absolute abomination of a team, makes some very impressive deals to obtain prospect capital, seemingly does very well with draft capital, has some encouraging international prospects....busts his damn ass.  After 4 years of horseshit, HIS creation is finally ready to compete.  Ready to make waves.  Ready to perhaps win a chip.  He sees Renteria as a roadblock and tactfully gets permission to can him.  He has his pick of the litter on the next manager and coaching staff.  Anyone active, anyone retired, anyone away from the game.  He knows what he wants in a manager, as he explained during his presser the day he canned Ricky.

Then comes Jerry.  How humiliating, demeaning, and shameful that, after all he's done, he's been publicly neutered by Jerry Reinsdorf?  Rick Hahn is not long for this organization.  It will be interesting to see who says what during tomorrow's press conference.  

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, smellysox said:

This is kinda unprecedented isn't it? Someone coming out of retirement- already enshrined in the HOF - to continue to do what they were put in there for 

Its actually frowned upon and youre not supposed to do it. TlR would be breaking that retirement HOF code for a manager but when has Tony not made everything about  himself?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Either would be fine with me. He’s held the organization back for my entire life. 

Being cheap is one thing but hiring a manager who last managed the Whitesox before I was born is ridiculous. Reinsdorf is so damn clueless and TLR will screw this rebuild up. EVERYTHING was lined up perfectly not to fuck up this hire and somehow they are going to do that......

1 minute ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Rick Hahn.  With the organization for many, many years.  Worked his way up the ranks.  Earns the GM job and is given the task of a rebuild.  He makes the tough decisions, puts up with an absolute abomination of a team, makes some very impressive deals to obtain prospect capital, seemingly does very well with draft capital, has some encouraging international prospects....busts his damn ass.  After 4 years of horseshit, HIS creation is finally ready to compete.  Ready to make waves.  Ready to perhaps win a chip.  He sees Renteria as a roadblock and tactfully gets permission to can him.  He has his pick of the litter on the next manager and coaching staff.  Anyone active, anyone retired, anyone away from the game.  He knows what he wants in a manager, as he explained during his presser the day he canned Ricky.

Then comes Jerry.  How humiliating, demeaning, and shameful that, after all he's done, he's been publicly neutered by Jerry Reinsdorf?  Rick Hahn is not long for this organization.  It will be interesting to see who says what during tomorrow's press conference.  

As a Hahn "fan" I guess people would claim me to be, this post is insane. Hahn is on board. Stop assuming all moves made by the Sox that you dont like are made by someone else. 

Hahn doesn't exactly have a great track record evaluating managers.

• Like 1

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Being cheap is one thing but hiring a manager who last managed the Whitesox before I was born is ridiculous. Reinsdorf is so damn clueless and TLR will screw this rebuild up. EVERYTHING was lined up perfectly not to fuck up this hire and somehow they are going to do that......

Honest question, how do you think Tony will mess this up?  The Sox core should dictate their success, not the manager.

• Thanks 1

Sox leaks have been pretty bad the last couple years.  The only person I truly trust is Jimmy and he heard Hinch was Hahn’s guy.  Obviously he could have been overruled by Reinsdorf, but Jerry has never forced a manager on his front office and I can’t see any reason Hahn would want TLR after he described what he was looking for at the end of season press conference.  I’m sure I’ll look like an idiot tomorrow, but I still think the Sox are pushing this narrative to either gain leverage in their negotiations with Hinch or to mask their interest in Hinch from other clubs.

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He’s likely quiet because he deals in logic. He thought it would be Hinch. Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap. Everyone knows it. I didn’t know he was a fucking coward too. 

I hope if he is hired this front office is booed the hell out of town every single day. This hiring is such a spit in the face to Sox fans.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

As a Hahn "fan" I guess people would claim me to be, this post is insane. Hahn is on board. Stop assuming all moves made by the Sox that you dont like are made by someone else. 

Hahn doesn't exactly have a great track record evaluating managers.

There's absolutely no way you make this post if you watched his presser the day he fired Ricky.  Pay better attention, kid.

• Like 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic