Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

6 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He’s likely quiet because he deals in logic. He thought it would be Hinch. Jerry Reinsdorf is cheap. Everyone knows it. I didn’t know he was a fucking coward too. 

Would Hinch cost more than La Russa?  And is the coward thing him being afraid to hire a guy who cheated?

"This is an opportunity for us as an organization," Hahn said Monday. "Ultimately, I think the best candidate or the ideal candidate is going to be someone who has experience with a championship organization in recent years. Recent October experience with a championship organization would be ideal. But we're going to keep an open mind.

"This is a team that should reasonably have championship aspirations. And I think, quite frankly, that we should be viewed as a very desirable landing spot for potential managers. ... We're a team that's poised to potentially go on an extended run here. So we're looking for that right fit that's going to be able to take us to that next step."

How does any of this sound like a 76 year old man who hasnt managed in over 10 years.  If this hire is made, Hahn didnt make it.  And when he talks about how this was his guy in the presser, he is trying to keep his job.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Honest question, how do you think Tony will mess this up?  The Sox core should dictate their success, not the manager.

The fact that analytics have run the game and the Whitesox are playing catch-up in that category as it is....we are moving backwards in time once again....he is in the camp with Ken Harrelson of the TWTW club. The fact that Tony hasn’t managed since 2011, rules have changed, the game has changed. Sitting in as an advisor is one thing being actively engaged in team operations is entirely another. This hiring is the exact opposite of what we were told was going to happen. Maybe im the only one who sees this but I think twitter reaction and others on here would agree with me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

As a Hahn "fan" I guess people would claim me to be, this post is insane. Hahn is on board. Stop assuming all moves made by the Sox that you dont like are made by someone else. 

Hahn doesn't exactly have a great track record evaluating managers.

Ray, I really enjoy your contributions to the board, but you have no idea if Hahn is on board with a TLR hire.  And based on what he said at his end of season press conference, he would not be on board with this hire.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

How does any of this sound like a 76 year old man who hasnt managed in over 10 years.  If this hire is made, Hahn didnt make it.  And when he talks about how this was his guy in the presser, he is trying to keep his job.  

This. And the Chicago beat writers need to have the balls to ask these questions on why the sudden change or how TLR fits the description he gave just a couple weeks ago.

• Like 2

I think everyone is okay to be mad, just for me ... It’s still just a manager. I just don’t like the distraction from the rest of the team. But it will fade and he’ll just be a bad interview at the end of games we can ignore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

The fact that analytics have run the game and the Whitesox are playing catch-up in that category as it is....we are moving backwards in time once again....he is in the camp with Ken Harrelson of the TWTW club. The fact that Tony hasn’t managed since 2011, rules have changed, the game has changed. Sitting in as an advisor is one thing being actively engaged in team operations is entirely another. This hiring is the exact opposite of what we were told was going to happen. Maybe im the only one who sees this but I think twitter reaction and others on here would agree with me.

By no means am I happy with the hire, and god knows Sox twitter is going to have an epic meltdown. I’m just of the opinion that my 4 year old son could manage this team to a quality record if the main core guys even come close to their potential.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

There's absolutely no way you make this post if you watched his presser the day he fired Ricky.  Pay better attention, kid.

You guys really need to stop thinking hahn will ever tell the press anything meaningful. He tells you what you want to hear without actually saying anything. He mastered this lawyer speak years ago.

Hahn will say an opportunity came up that he couldn't look past.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

Just now, fathom said:

By no means am I happy with the hire, and god knows Sox twitter is going to have an epic meltdown. I’m just of the opinion that my 4 year old son could manage this team to a quality record if the main core guys even come close to their potential.

I thought so as well however Ricky proved down the stretch this not to be the case. If TLR is the hire here I think firing Ricky was a mistake and I never thought I would say that in my life 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yeah this. It is the open thing now so obviously we are focusing on it, but it’s just a manager.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I think everyone is okay to be mad, just for me ... It’s still just a manager. I just don’t like the distraction from the rest of the team. But it will fade and he’ll just be a bad interview at the end of games we can ignore.

In general this is true.  But the Sox time and time make the dumbest decisions and when they’re so close to breaking through nobody wants to see this crap.  

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ray, I really enjoy your contributions to the board, but you have no idea if Hahn is on board with a TLR hire.  And based on what he said at his end of season press conference, he would not be on board with this hire.

I know he's the GM of a team who fired his manager and within 3 weeks is going to have a new manager hired. I know he's as involved with these decisions as anyone else and that constantly giving him the benefit of the doubt is nonsense. I know they did not formally interview bochy so I know hahns claims and talk was exactly that; hahn talk. 

He will claim 10 years is recent or he didnt want to give anything away. Hahn is not innocent in this. Period.

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I thought so as well however Ricky proved down the stretch this not to be the case. If TLR is the hire here I think firing Ricky was a mistake and I never thought I would say that in my life 

The Sox were not a good team down the stretch as they ran out of gas. I expect them to have more talent in the coming years. Also Tony has at least proven he knows how to lead his team to important victories. Ricky managed crucial games like he was still a tank commander.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah the thing I hate about Tony the most is he loves the attention. He baths in it. I just dont want to deal with his pompous face and attitude everyday on TV and in interviews but the impact wont really mean shit. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Lets hire a computer to be our manager, and make similar decisions like the rays did last night pulling snell out when he was cruising and his stuff was electric. 

• Like 1

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic