Tony La Russa named Manager

YourWhatHurts

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah the thing I hate about Tony the most is he loves the attention. He baths in it. I just dont want to deal with his pompous face and attitude everyday on TV and in interviews but the impact wont really mean shit. 

But you dont watch the games so when would you ever see him?

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Glad to see we absolutely wasted the rebuild to turn this into some Blues Brother putting the band back together garbage.

We made it to the final Mt Everest camp to strip off out clothes and make snow angels.

That’s why it’s not LaRussa or Hinch.  Too much good PR and mojo built the right way to do something like hire so much baggage

My last hope is that La Russa manages for a year with Hinch as his bench coach.

This accomplishes a couple of things:

1. Redeems Jerry’s firing of La Russa

2. Lets La Russa get one last ride with a win now team.

3. Makes Hinch “pay his dues” after cheating and he’s not just handed the sweetest job in baseball.

4. Allows everyone to take a step away from the ledge. 

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I thought so as well however Ricky proved down the stretch this not to be the case. If TLR is the hire here I think firing Ricky was a mistake and I never thought I would say that in my life 

Next stretch run, pick another team in the race to follow. Watch their games and follow their fan bases. Every loss will be flooded with critiques of the manager. This is not unique to white sox fans.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I thought so as well however Ricky proved down the stretch this not to be the case. If TLR is the hire here I think firing Ricky was a mistake and I never thought I would say that in my life 

It's like Joy coming to grips with Sadness in Inside Out with Anger, Disgust and Fear taking over for brief periods.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Sox were not a good team down the stretch as they ran out of gas. I expect them to have more talent in the coming years. Also Tony has at least proven he knows how to lead his team to important victories. Ricky managed crucial games like he was still a tank commander.

The hands on the knees and pacing all game was giving me anxiety watching it.

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think everyone is okay to be mad, just for me ... It’s still just a manager. I just don’t like the distraction from the rest of the team. But it will fade and he’ll just be a bad interview at the end of games we can ignore.

I think you're underestimating the sea change that has occurred not only in baseball, but professional sports in general.  Players don't want to play for people like MAGA-loving, old school, anti-stats people like Tony LaRussa.  This will not only impact the clubhouse but every FA we pursue.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

That’s simply not what happened, at all. He went out of his way to mention recent Championship experience. He didn’t have to do that. It was oddly specific if anything. 

I mean, bragging about something you won’t execute is really the Hahn special

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mmmmmbeeer said:

I think you're underestimating the sea change that has occurred not only in baseball, but professional sports in general.  Players don't want to play for people like MAGA-loving, old school, anti-stats people like Tony LaRussa.  This will not only impact the clubhouse but every FA we pursue.  

This myth that la russa is anti-stats really needs to stop

as for the rest, just admit youre a liberal and hate conservatives. Most people get along just fine with political differences. Only nutjobs dont

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

That’s simply not what happened, at all. He went out of his way to mention recent Championship experience. He didn’t have to do that. It was oddly specific if anything. 

and in classic lawyer speak hahn will claim recent means whatever he wants it to mean. 

I do find this soxtalk turn fascinating. I was called Rick Hahn by people on this site two off-seasons ago haha and I like a lot of what hahn has done, but when it comes to managers there's no reason for me to believe that Rick hahn doesn't like TLR. And I don't buy for a minute that hahn is vocally against the move and being overruled. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

and in classic lawyer speak hahn will claim recent means whatever he wants it to mean. 

I do find this soxtalk turn fascinating. I was called Rick Hahn by people on this site two off-seasons ago haha and I like a lot of what hahn has done, but when it comes to managers there's no reason for me to believe that Rick hahn doesn't like TLR. And I don't buy for a minute that hahn is vocally against the move and being overruled. 

He wants Hinch, per Jimmy.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

This myth that la russa is anti-stats really needs to stop

as for the rest, just admit youre a liberal and hate conservatives. Most people get along just fine with political differences. Only nutjobs dont

I dont hate conservatives, but I think we could make soxtalk great again by changing your password and not telling you.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox1917 said:

You think TA is going to be cool with his manager telling him he should just head back to the clubhouse if he dares to kneel for the anthem (as he did this season)?  Or am I just someone who "hates conservatives"?

Man, y'all are such fucking snowflakes.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

• Chisoxfn locked and unlocked this topic